• Views 508
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALP1987

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know i will have to update my dashboard eventually (cant play GTA IV Episodes From Liberty City without it currently) but im just wondering if there is any risk to updating to the newest dashboard? I have iXtreme 1.4 firmware and use PPF-O-Matic to patch my games to wave 2. I don't use Live at all so are there any risk in updating?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If you don't play live at all. Then you have nothing to loose.

A

ALP1987

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
If you don't play live at all. Then you have nothing to loose.

Ok well i was under the impression that a newer dashboard update brings a higher risk of RROD to your 360. I remember when NXE first dropped people were saying that it was causing alot more RROD for their systems so i just wanted to check here first.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i heard that this one fixes a vulnerability so it writes to something important while its updating (NAND possibly? Idk) I read the little article about it but can't remember the details but it said that some people could brick their 360's if something were to go wrong during this update but it wasn't that likely.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ALP1987 said:
Ok well i was under the impression that a newer dashboard update brings a higher risk of RROD to your 360. I remember when NXE first dropped people were saying that it was causing alot more RROD for their systems so i just wanted to check here first.
System updates rarely cause rrod to a 360. It can only cause it if the update doesn't install right.
IMC_MINICHIMP said:
Well i heard that this one fixes a vulnerability so it writes to something important while its updating (NAND possibly? Idk) I read the little article about it but can't remember the details but it said that some people could brick their 360's if something were to go wrong during this update but it wasn't that likely.
The update that fixed a vulnerability was the update in August09. Fixed the vulnerability the JTag hack uses to be able to read and write to the NAND.

Updates are always safe. Unless you turn the 360 off while its updating then you will most likely run into a problem.

B

bkdarklord

Reaction score
Sin$
ALP1987 said:

that has nothing to do with ur system that something installed on ur xbox when u get it

A

ALP1987

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
System updates rarely cause rrod to a 360. It can only cause it if the update doesn't install right.

The update that fixed a vulnerability was the update in August09. Fixed the vulnerability the JTag hack uses to be able to read and write to the NAND.

Updates are always safe. Unless you turn the 360 off while its updating then you will most likely run into a problem.

Alright thanks. I'll update to the newest dashboard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register