What's new

Working Daily Sell Limit for Personal Vehicles

Pill Cosby

Pill Cosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I to would like an answer on this.
Your next gen account & your last gen account are separate. My friend hit his daily sell limit today on Series X & I just logged into his Xbox One account & he’s able to sell personal vehicles.
Post automatically merged:

DSL question for those that use the same account on next and old gen. I transferred my main account to next gen, then started fresh on old gen. I've been building the old gen character back up. If I sell 7 cars in a safe manner on old gen, then later I get on new gen, am I safe to sell cars? Or do the total sales between old and new tally up together?
Old gen & next gen have separate vehicle sales.

ravenfrost

ravenfrost

Reaction score
Sin$
Your next gen account & your last gen account are separate. My friend hit his daily sell limit today on Series X & I just logged into his Xbox One account & he’s able to sell personal vehicles.

Old gen & next gen have separate vehicle sales.
Hot damn thats awesome then thanks

ToastWithJam

ToastWithJam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So a while back (I think this was the OG Facility dupe glitch, so 2017-ish?) I made a bunch of clean-duped Elegys on my second character. I know for a fact they weren't dupe-detected and as far as I know I never tripped the DSL. If I did, it was from selling clean cars and would've reset a long time ago.

Fast-forward to today. I was doing some spring-cleaning on my iFruit app and deleted one of my old plates I used in the glitch. I then discovered I had a bunch of Elegys still left over that I never sold. I sold 4 of them (just to purge them, with Diamond and Cayo I have no need for glitches any more) and triggered the DSL. Turns out I had The Big Dumb and deleting the plate false-flagged them.

Exactly how screwed am I? I've never had an Exploit Level in the past and this is the first time seeing the message. Am I in the 2 weeks or 3 month bracket? Will overwriting the dupes with clean cars clear me? I've got about 50 frozen-money Deluxos on my main character that I want to sell at some point, and a DSL will make that a problem.

C

Charger0074

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So a while back (I think this was the OG Facility dupe glitch, so 2017-ish?) I made a bunch of clean-duped Elegys on my second character. I know for a fact they weren't dupe-detected and as far as I know I never tripped the DSL. If I did, it was from selling clean cars and would've reset a long time ago.

Fast-forward to today. I was doing some spring-cleaning on my iFruit app and deleted one of my old plates I used in the glitch. I then discovered I had a bunch of Elegys still left over that I never sold. I sold 4 of them (just to purge them, with Diamond and Cayo I have no need for glitches any more) and triggered the DSL. Turns out I had The Big Dumb and deleting the plate false-flagged them.

Exactly how screwed am I? I've never had an Exploit Level in the past and this is the first time seeing the message. Am I in the 2 weeks or 3 month bracket? Will overwriting the dupes with clean cars clear me? I've got about 50 frozen-money Deluxos on my main character that I want to sell at some point, and a DSL will make that a problem.
Get rid of all the cars that have that deleted plate do not sell them and don’t sell anything for a week after that try to sell One car like every two hours and see if you hit a limit frozen money deluxo sell for almost $3 million I don’t think you need to sell much more than one or two cars a day you should be fine

Get rid of all the cars that have that deleted plate do not sell them and don’t sell anything for a week after that try to sell One car like every two hours and see if you hit a limit frozen money deluxo sell for almost $3 million I don’t think you need to sell much more than one or two cars a day you should be fine
Put all those cars that have the delete plates in one Garage and drive street cars in and replace over them then take the street car outside and blow them up

ToastWithJam

ToastWithJam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Put all those cars that have the delete plates in one Garage and drive street cars in and replace over them then take the street car outside and blow them up

I've already burned my Elegys using free Khamelions, yeah. No sense keeping them around anymore. The other vehicles on my second character can still have custom plates. Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

I've got no need to sell vehicles for the foreseeable future, at least until I need the garage space my Deluxo collection is hogging. I'll probably just go cold-turkey for the next few months and see if that helps. Can you even come back from accidentally selling dirties? Am I flagged forever or will purging the dupes and going quiet help?

Thanks for the help!

C

Charger0074

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've already burned my Elegys using free Khamelions, yeah. No sense keeping them around anymore. The other vehicles on my second character can still have custom plates. Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

I've got no need to sell vehicles for the foreseeable future, at least until I need the garage space my Deluxo collection is hogging. I'll probably just go cold-turkey for the next few months and see if that helps. Can you even come back from accidentally selling dirties? Am I flagged forever or will purging the dupes and going quiet help?

Thanks for the help!
No problem anytime yeah it has happened to me once before I didn’t realize deleting a plate would cause so much trouble but I got rid of all the vehicles that had that delete it plate I didn’t sell anything for two weeks and I was fine have you ever been hit with any sale limit before if not your recovery should be fine and how many did you sell before you got the limit

ToastWithJam

ToastWithJam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No problem anytime yeah it has happened to me once before I didn’t realize deleting a plate would cause so much trouble but I got rid of all the vehicles that had that delete it plate I didn’t sell anything for two weeks and I was fine have you ever been hit with any sale limit before if not your recovery should be fine and how many did you sell before you got the limit
I haven't been hit before. I'm pretty sure I sold 3 or 4 dirties before it triggered.

C

Cococompany

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry I tried search and didn’t wanna read 400+ pages lol

If you have more then 1 character. Is the daily limit for your account so both characters. Or can my main character sell 7 and my dupe only character sell 7 aswell?

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry I tried search and didn’t wanna read 400+ pages lol

If you have more then 1 character. Is the daily limit for your account so both characters. Or can my main character sell 7 and my dupe only character sell 7 aswell?
Unfortunately both

ZenythXII

ZenythXII

Reaction score
Sin$
So assuming I don't sell cars for a month, my reputation gets raised and i could sell two more cars?

D

Dk00

Reaction score
Sin$
Am I doing something wrong?
1, I set an alarm for 30 hours at the same time as I sold the first car.
2, I sold one vehicle every hour and sold a total of seven cars.
3, After the 30-hour alarm I had set,
I repeated it from the first
but today I sold 6 cars and saw the Daily Sell Limit message

What did I do wrong?

C

Charger0074

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

What did I do wrong?
I usually wait an hour and 20 minutes in between or what I do is I sold two cars back to back then I don’t sell another two cars until at least two hours and 45 minutes later I haven’t had an issue with doing this way

Pill Cosby

Pill Cosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

What did I do wrong?
Are you selling deluxos from frozen money or BEFF? I’ve run across a couple dirty ones & I have no idea why they are. I sell 8 cars every 30 hour & never hit a DSL but I check all my deluxos before selling them. I was selling for my friend on Series X & after 4 he hit a daily sell limit for the first time. He doesn’t have custom plates & can’t get them until Rockstar updates iFruit for next gen so I can’t check if the Deluxo is dirty before selling it so I’m guessing he hit a limit after selling a dirty deluxo. I usually select plate & if my plates show I sell the deluxo with a generic plate because if it was dirty my plates won’t show up.

Whytheseaisboiling

Whytheseaisboiling

Reaction score
Sin$
Dupe detect isn't shared between 1st & 2nd characters. (untested)
Of course it shared between characters your bank account your daily sell limit your custom plates as well as your selling of either a duped vehicle or a high-end vehicle in which you shouldn't have sold in the first place because it says you can't sell vehicles more than $50,000 that's a warning, but I'm just trying to read through this and find out since PS5 New Gen GTA v online characters transferred no longer are able to open and add or for that matter even use iFruit with their PS5, according to Rockstar the PS5 will not be supported on iFruit and seems like they have no plans on doing anything about that. Quick question even though the custom plates were transferred for those people who had already had them previously in their ps4 version character before migrating seeing as they no longer have actual access to the plates with their potentially be a flagged being raised based on the social clubs I fruit ability to communicate within the PS5 GTA online characters would that be the same as when let's say selling a blank yankton's as a duplicate vehicle while although you might not get flagged for selling a dirty vehicle you will however no longer be able to put custom plates on any blank Yankton that you have in your storage. It might be nice to try to condense a lot of this information into like a wiki or something that instead of it being a mix match of outdated and the current that has been a huge open collective of the player base from experience and unfortunately having to learn it the hard way. Because right now what I'm seeing as the info for this thread is probably very outdated and kind of confusing and would be overwhelming for people that are seeking good clear information on how to properly sell and duplicate their vehicles. Cuz all this information is amazing, it's just a lot and not everyone is going to put in the time to read the whole history of changes within the game and the more so than not the information as in depth and amazing as it is can either be overwhelming for new players or have them skipping to the headers and overlooking important crucial steps. Just the other day I overheard in game "that since a vehicle doesn't have plates on it (ie: it can't be detected for dupes because there are no plates on the vehicles that one could change either prior or after however as everyone knows in the front underneath that front bumper you have a bent license plates. and there's just like so many people are getting detected for selling dupes.

Anyways sorry for my rant yeah yeah I know add more punctuation: make sentences,....
.ok.

NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Diamonds Are Forever Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course it shared between characters your bank account your daily sell limit your custom plates as well as your selling of either a duped vehicle or a high-end vehicle in which you shouldn't have sold in the first place because it says you can't sell vehicles more than $50,000 that's a warning, but I'm just trying to read through this and find out since PS5 New Gen GTA v online characters transferred no longer are able to open and add or for that matter even use iFruit with their PS5, according to Rockstar the PS5 will not be supported on iFruit and seems like they have no plans on doing anything about that. Quick question even though the custom plates were transferred for those people who had already had them previously in their ps4 version character before migrating seeing as they no longer have actual access to the plates with their potentially be a flagged being raised based on the social clubs I fruit ability to communicate within the PS5 GTA online characters would that be the same as when let's say selling a blank yankton's as a duplicate vehicle while although you might not get flagged for selling a dirty vehicle you will however no longer be able to put custom plates on any blank Yankton that you have in your storage. It might be nice to try to condense a lot of this information into like a wiki or something that instead of it being a mix match of outdated and the current that has been a huge open collective of the player base from experience and unfortunately having to learn it the hard way. Because right now what I'm seeing as the info for this thread is probably very outdated and kind of confusing and would be overwhelming for people that are seeking good clear information on how to properly sell and duplicate their vehicles. Cuz all this information is amazing, it's just a lot and not everyone is going to put in the time to read the whole history of changes within the game and the more so than not the information as in depth and amazing as it is can either be overwhelming for new players or have them skipping to the headers and overlooking important crucial steps. Just the other day I overheard in game "that since a vehicle doesn't have plates on it (ie: it can't be detected for dupes because there are no plates on the vehicles that one could change either prior or after however as everyone knows in the front underneath that front bumper you have a bent license plates. and there's just like so many people are getting detected for selling dupes.

Anyways sorry for my rant yeah yeah I know add more punctuation: make sentences,....
.ok.
Yes a lot of this information is outdated since I first posted. There have been many changes to the sell limit and it has been complicated with other things such as stat tracking, money resets and such. I don't monitor or check the scripts and tunables for any updated information anymore.

Whytheseaisboiling

Whytheseaisboiling

Reaction score
Sin$
Fair enough, putting the time and effort in the ever increasingly difficult data analysis of DSL the change and effect of it on each player not to to mention the added task of the plethora of additional variables (if that then this) that's crazy to think about the amount of time you must have invested into it.
Thanks for your response and then a huge thanks for your invaluable contribution to the gta glitching community.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm here at se7ensins largely for this subject. Lately though I noticed following the 6 per day limit I'm managing 4.15 cars per day or around 7.3mil in sales.... After taking years off this game, it's tough to get built up at that formula.

Is 7/per 30 hr period the new 6? Should I be scientifically calculating (because I am) a rolling 30-hour clock?

Anyone had luck with a greater sell rate, say, 6 cars in a 24-hr period (e.g. 7am eastern to 7am eastern every day)? I know it's speculation but I feel I'm playing it a little too safe.

Any other advice on unloading faster at an acceptable rate?

I just want to say, this is how a thread should be laid out. Love that you've given due credit, properly, well done!
Informative isn't even the word.

Currently Selling to your limit has been reported to be causing peoples limit to be reduced. I am trying to replicate successful results on multiple accounts. But this takes time. Hope to have better answers shortly. 2/5/16

Selling strategy:

Sell two cars back to back - then wait 15 minutes before selling another car.

Current test results:

Account A - main account - sold over 40 during cap lift when limit was 8 or 10. Stuck on 1 car per day.
Account B - selling 10 per day - 10 car limit - tested 1/4
Account C - Selling 10 per day - 10 car limit - tested 1/4
Account D - 9 car limit - Tested 2/5/16
Account E - No sell limit - future testing

My plan is to use Accounts B & C to replicate some results. Both should be unlimited right now, both did not sell at all during the cap lift after 1.37, and both have been on a 3 car limit in December.
What's your rock-solid advice on per-30-hour rate? 6? 7? More? I mocked up a spreadsheet with a rolling 30-hour clock, the nerdiest thing I've ever done, and because of that, I'm at 4.15 cars per day if I'm limiting to 6 per 30 hours.

What's your advice on safely staying under while still selling enough?

Last edited:
N

Nexah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I purchased a bunch of vehicles whilst doing BEFF (deluxos).

I want to play it extra safe and sell 2 cars (IRL) and then wait 30 hours (IRL) before I sell another two.

Is this the safest route?

wu TANG lan

wu TANG lan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm assuming selling aircraft falls under the daily sell limit? Or not as they don't have plates?

Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm assuming selling aircraft falls under the daily sell limit? Or not as they don't have plates?
They do count. Consider all vehicles to have plate numbers assigned even if they don't have plates.

I purchased a bunch of vehicles whilst doing BEFF (deluxos).

I want to play it extra safe and sell 2 cars (IRL) and then wait 30 hours (IRL) before I sell another two.

Is this the safest route?

That's excessive. You can follow the usual rules. You can even follow the rules more, shall we say aggressively, as I have. I've just finished a sell-off of all 286 (whatever) dupes on my second character, I'm about to retire from duping because I'm set for life, and I've learned that my interpretation of the exploit level rules is correct: if you are at exploit level zero — ONLY if you are exploit level zero — you can sell two vehicles every two hours up to no limit other than it can't be more than two every two hours.

How do you know if you're at exploit level zero? You are at exploit level zero if, making no mistakes whatsoever in selling too early or often, you have sold two vehicles per two hours five times (ten cars) in 30 hours and are able to sell an 11th and 12th two hours later. That's it, that's the proof you're at exploit level zero, because if you were at exploit level one you'd hit the sell limit when you try sell the 11th car. The daily limit at exploit level zero is 100, which is impossible to hit in the 30-hour day if you sell only 2 per 2 hours.

The biggest risk is one's own impatience, because if you do hit a daily sell limit (and are not dupe detected) whatever exploit level you're at you should fall back to level zero in 15 days of not selling. The only time I hit a limit during my sell-off was because I made a mistake logging my times: the timing app I'm using, GTA Car Tracker, doesn't update the current time between two sales unless you clear the Add Car button from the screen, so I accidentally sold some cars too fast and had to take a couple weeks off to cool down, after which I was once again able to do over 10 sales in 30 hours (2 per 2 hours).

Top Bottom
Login
Register