What's new

Working Daily Sell Limit for Personal Vehicles

Trond

Trond

Helmet On ✅
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait til you see the next big update if you think implementing this to gtav is a lot of work. I doubt gtavi will come for at least 3 more years. Numbers last april put gta v at all time record breaking numbers. 6 billion in revenue total for life of game.
Last year was also record breaking sales in the game itself for the year. This year it is rockstars hope to break last years record.
The project for completing dupe detection is set to take 12 months. This is a team of 4 along side 2 Rockstar developers. Over the course of the next 12 months you will see changes being made to this detection system. Little by little it all will be implemented.
(if this isn't an indication people need to dupe and sell right now I don't know what is)
As for the next big dlc, I think many will be shocked and most will actually come to appreciate the truly hard work done by Rockstar with this one. (I just hope your hard drive has enough space for it)
One of my kids finally has reached an age I decided to let them play gta. I bought them the criminal enterprise starter pack and 16 million worth of gta money via shark card. Say what you will but in preparation of what's to come I felt she needed the boost.
(of course I used one of the latest dupe glitches to fill her garages too lol)
One thing I will say is when she started playing I set myself up a new account and bought criminal starter pack and have found actually playing this game and having to legit earn stuff very rewarding.
Anyway, now Im getting far off of daily sells limit.
So to sum it up changes have happened and changes are coming. Just be careful out there guys.

Have no doubt about it, I for one appreciate what r* have given me to play with over the years. Theres probably just one other game and one franchise that is close to the same mastery in my eyes. I started on ps1 when the game came out originally, and I still have that game and all the others they have released after... in 2022 I will be awaiting my copy of GTA6 together with the rest of you :tongue:
For their own sake I hope they are carefull with putting in stuff that can harm the 'innocent' players out there, being dupedetected without having duped anything is probably annoying af. I know what turned me over to the dark side: I payed to update an Elegy Custom and the upgrade didnt stick but my money was gone. 900k of my hard earned money earned by doing legit stuff in game. After being turned down 3 times by support, I found a way to get my money back on YT (thank you freighttrain) :tongue:

But back to the case, I can understand why they will do this, and I have been waiting for it. Every duped car is a sale of virtual money they didnt make, so yeah. Also, every innocent convicted of duping is also a loss. And they will tell their friends.
But, you're saying this is actually already active in a smaller scale in the game already? Like the 'two plates system' is already in?

I'm very glad I have only done clean dupeglitches lately then, even if my garages have more deluxos then dupes at the moment :biggrin: (and a 'few' merges)...

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Some uncertain times ahead I guess. And some mixed information. I do remember when nicgore left the thread he did say dupe detect was working as r* intended and minimised support issues with false detects.

However I said many months back to expect a lot of lessons learnt with gta6 and messages such as not being able to sell cars you haven't brought/upgraded/stole legitimate would come in. It's quite reasonable to think r* may use gta5 as a test for new methods. Put them in our hands and they learn even more about preventing dupes. By the time gta6 comes out the catch up game could be already over and they don't have to hotfix things every few days/weeks = more profit.

I'm sticking to my sales and no limit yet. Time will tell.
Stealing cars in a game that is called grand theft auto is just part of it. slowing down the profits from it is the only real thing to do.
It wouldn't be right in my opinion to punish someone by banning them for stealing in a stealing game. The entire premise of this game is built upon getting over on someone. Participating in drug deals, illegal weapon sales, boosting cars and selling them, murder, ect. It is to be expected that players will steal mods and sell them too. Which is why there haven't been any bans for duplicating cars. And hopefully never will be. Every game is a platform to better the next game. But like any other game it will have it's own set of bugs.
Have no doubt about it, I for one appreciate what r* have given me to play with over the years. Theres probably just one other game and one franchise that is close to the same mastery in my eyes. I started on ps1 when the game came out originally, and I still have that game and all the others they have released after... in 2022 I will be awaiting my copy of GTA6 together with the rest of you :tongue:
For their own sake I hope they are carefull with putting in stuff that can harm the 'innocent' players out there, being dupedetected without having duped anything is probably annoying af. I know what turned me over to the dark side: I payed to update an Elegy Custom and the upgrade didnt stick but my money was gone. 900k of my hard earned money earned by doing legit stuff in game. After being turned down 3 times by support, I found a way to get my money back on YT (thank you freighttrain) :tongue:

But back to the case, I can understand why they will do this, and I have been waiting for it. Every duped car is a sale of virtual money they didnt make, so yeah. Also, every innocent convicted of duping is also a loss. And they will tell their friends.
But, you're saying this is actually already active in a smaller scale in the game already? Like the 'two plates system' is already in?

I'm very glad I have only done clean dupeglitches lately then, even if my garages have more deluxos then dupes at the moment :biggrin: (and a 'few' merges)...
If anything happens to us I will be joining those that are punished. So let's hope it doesn't get to that.
Two plate system has been there since custom plate were available. It has never been used as a verification process.
There was not a need to monitor it. You add a custom plate but the original was always there.
Its been possible all along to see that plate but they scripted it so when the personal plate was installed that is the new marker and it ignores the fact it matches other plates in your inventory. But the plan is to show visible the custom plate but always use the original to record.

Juicehead99

Juicehead99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Stealing cars in a game that is called grand theft auto is just part of it. slowing down the profits from it is the only real thing to do.
It wouldn't be right in my opinion to punish someone by banning them for stealing in a stealing game. The entire premise of this game is built upon getting over on someone. Participating in drug deals, illegal weapon sales, boosting cars and selling them, murder, ect. It is to be expected that players will steal mods and sell them too. Which is why there haven't been any bans for duplicating cars. And hopefully never will be. Every game is a platform to better the next game. But like any other game it will have it's own set of bugs.

If anything happens to us I will be joining those that are punished. So let's hope it doesn't get to that.
Two plate system has been there since custom plate were available. It has never been used as a verification process.
There was not a need to monitor it. You add a custom plate but the original was always there.
Its been possible all along to see that plate but they scripted it so when the personal plate was installed that is the new marker and it ignores the fact it matches other plates in your inventory. But the plan is to show visible the custom plate but always use the original to record.

But duping the plate over another will get rid of the first plate still?
Do you have anymore info on the update at at all? A time scale maybe or details on content?
I know I'm cheeky asking lol But if don't ask you don't get

F

funmw2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Schitzotm, you been claiming that you work at Rockstar ever since the day I started checking the Daily Limit system.
Seriously, provide proof and I would apologize, but you can't, you only talk basic stuff anyone can come up with.
"Yeah, they are planning something but I won't go into details", no please go into details, what's stopping you from doing that since you work at Rockstar ?
Also, no changes were made to the daily limit system, I've checked the scripts, BG and nothing changed but your counter argument is that it's hardcoded ? That means people should have noticed changes since the day Arena War was released and why would they have it hardcoded ?

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Schitzotm, you been claiming that you work at Rockstar ever since the day I started checking the Daily Limit system.
Seriously, provide proof and I would apologize, but you can't, you only talk basic stuff anyone can come up with.
"Yeah, they are planning something but I won't go into details", no please go into details, what's stopping you from doing that since you work at Rockstar ?
Also, no changes were made to the daily limit system, I've checked the scripts, BG and nothing changed but your counter argument is that it's hardcoded ? That means people should have noticed changes since the day Arena War was released and why would they have it hardcoded ?
You of all people should know why I cant just throw out info.
So to start off just in the tuneables alone:
Check carmod_plate
Check sat_purchase_vehicle_mod
Check disable_pv_duplicate_fix
Check purchased_car_sale_max_cap
This is just in the tunebles alone.
Notice offsets are not the same. Values are just increases and decreases but the actual offset is different. Same is in bg scripts.
Same is in social club.

F

funmw2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Purchased_car_sale_max_cap isn't used, disable_pv_duplicate_fix is in the selector script and I don't think it has anything related to the Daily Limit, it's simply there to prevent the game from making a duplicate of your personal vehicle.

S

SuckmyNONgodmodeD

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah enough with d wobbling contest. I have to say I believe funmw2, nothing seems to have changed. If broontango hit a sell limit maybe they watching YouTube videos and slapping the accounts.... Interesting

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Purchased_car_sale_max_cap isn't used, disable_pv_duplicate_fix is in the selector script and I don't think it has anything related to the Daily Limit, it's simply there to prevent the game from making a duplicate of your personal vehicle.
Can you attach a debugger on gta pc? Sell a car and watch what offsets are are called.
You should be able to line those up to the scripts. And purchased max car sale isnt used are you sure? Because it isnt disabled and is active.

F

flusca

Reaction score
Sin$
Is it like if you sell the 8 cars then to you need to wait the 30hrs? Please answer fast. :wink:

F

funmw2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you attach a debugger on gta pc? Sell a car and watch what offsets are are called.
You should be able to line those up to the scripts. And purchased max car sale isnt used are you sure? Because it isnt disabled and is active.
I can't but I could ask a professional modder to do it.
I think you're looking for the advanced stuff, like dealing with plates but I'm sure no changes were made to them as well.
The basic stuff remain un-changed like not selling more than 2 in 2 hours.
Yes, purchased max car sale isn't used because I can't find it in the carmod script, also the value is 10 million.
I assume it's for limiting the vehicle price you're selling but even that is overridden by another function that handle the maximum car sale price you can sell for, or if it's for limiting the total amount of earnings from your car sales ? but that's what the daily limit system is for and also no one reported that he hit maximum car sales when he reached 10 million. That's why it's not used, if I recall correctly, it was used during the old/early days of GTA Online.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Its a 10 mill max total sales. Look at the offset. It calls a check function in sc. In theory what it is supposed to do is check if player has hit 10 million in sales on a specific car. Once hit it is supposed to trigger dupe detect on that user.
But its not working right. (This is because there is no override in dupe detect to be done.) So it is hit on many players but never actually triggers the sales limit.
If you use a debugger and hit the number you will see the outbound to social club. You will then see it activate the sales limit but the sales limit never triggers because there is nothing to trigger it.

Just remember when its all active I already warned of the changes coming.

caradetermo

caradetermo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its a 10 mill max total sales. Look at the offset. It calls a check function in sc. In theory what it is supposed to do is check if player has hit 10 million in sales on a specific car. Once hit it is supposed to trigger dupe detect on that user.
But its not working right. (This is because there is no override in dupe detect to be done.) So it is hit on many players but never actually triggers the sales limit.
If you use a debugger and hit the number you will see the outbound to social club. You will then see it activate the sales limit but the sales limit never triggers because there is nothing to trigger it.

Just remember when its all active I already warned of the changes coming.
That will make false positives and it'll punishing legit players, I've made more than enough money in crates to buy a bunch of deluxos just because I want (I can spend my money the way I want, If I want I can buy 45 deluxos, and paint them all different colors, none of your businesses nor Rockstar what I buy with my in game money), and then if I want to sell them I'd be punished?? add that punishment to a full lawsuit to Rockstar. Besides, with the prices of nowadays, 10 million is nothing.
You keep talking without real proof, you said there are already changes in the code, well, show them like it was done in the past.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Claiming that they track car sales for 10 million of the same is ridiculous. As someone said, that will punish a lot of legit players
I agree with F funmw2 Put up proof that you have inside info.

Arcade Hero

Arcade Hero

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can understand why they will do this, and I have been waiting for it. Every duped car is a sale of virtual money they didnt make, so yeah.

Respect to everyone's opinion on these matters, but this is a common misconception about piracy of all kinds. What people would take for free, or in exchange for their time, is very different than what they would spend money on. Not only does RStar need to consider the impact of "false positives" they also have to consider the impact on the size of the game's player base. If overly zealous enforcement drives away the most engaged and experienced players in that base, the company could well stand to lose more than it gains.

There is a brilliant machine built by the founder of The Pirate Bay called 'Kopimashin'. It's a Raspberry Pi with a screen that creates 100 copies of Crazy by Gnarls Barkley every second. The 8m copies a day represents a record industry loss (according to MPAA legal claims) of $10m each day, but of course, the copies are deleted by the machine as soon as they are made. My point is that people with $100M in illegitimate money would not have otherwise bought $1,200 in shark cards . . . Just some perspective on the nature of the problem. Most piracy stems from lack of legitimate or reasonable purchase options . . . I mean do y'all still pirate MP3s? I don't. The unreasonable grinding requirements in GTA are no more legitimate than what publishers tried to get away with in the last Star Wars game and other recent similar debacles. I would argue that GTA has lucked into a bit of a pressure release system with money glitches that have prevented the types of player revolts seen with other game as a service titles.

Trond

Trond

Helmet On ✅
Reaction score
Sin$
Respect to everyone's opinion on these matters, but this is a common misconception about piracy of all kinds. What people would take for free, or in exchange for their time, is very different than what they would spend money on. Not only does RStar need to consider the impact of "false positives" they also have to consider the impact on the size of the game's player base. If overly zealous enforcement drives away the most engaged and experienced players in that base, the company could well stand to lose more than it gains.

There is a brilliant machine built by the founder of The Pirate Bay called 'Kopimashin'. It's a Raspberry Pi with a screen that creates 100 copies of Crazy by Gnarls Barkley every second. The 8m copies a day represents a record industry loss (according to MPAA legal claims) of $10m each day, but of course, the copies are deleted by the machine as soon as they are made. My point is that people with $100M in illegitimate money would not have otherwise bought $1,200 in shark cards . . . Just some perspective on the nature of the problem. Most piracy stems from lack of legitimate or reasonable purchase options . . . I mean do y'all still pirate MP3s? I don't. The unreasonable grinding requirements in GTA are no more legitimate than what publishers tried to get away with in the last Star Wars game and other recent similar debacles. I would argue that GTA has lucked into a bit of a pressure release system with money glitches that have prevented the types of player revolts seen with other game as a service titles.
I wasnt meaning thats how I feel about the matter, but how r* feel... Like the mpaa claims you mention =)

Juicehead99

Juicehead99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wasnt meaning thats how I feel about the matter, but how r* feel... Like the mpaa claims you mention =)
Am sure r* also know that if I can't make money duping and glitching then I wont buy money in-game with shark cards.
So no they dont lose sales atall

Trond

Trond

Helmet On ✅
Reaction score
Sin$
Am sure r* also know that if I can't make money duping and glitching then I wont buy money in-game with shark cards.
So no they dont lose sales atall
I dont agree with that, coz someone would buy sharkcard if ingame money wasnt available free...

Juicehead99

Juicehead99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont agree with that, coz someone would buy sharkcard if ingame money wasnt available free...

If your joe blogs gamers and wernt aware of glitching then yes they would pay.
But everyone doing the glitch isn't in that category so would not pay. So they arnt losing out on money we would never spend.
We all would of stopped playing this game along time ago instead

Top Bottom
Login
Register