What's new

Jailbreak News Cydia to be replaced with Sileo

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Cydia, current package manager for the current Electra and many previous jailbreaks is now going to be replaced with something new called Sileo. There hasn’t been too much talk on Sileo but has been talked about by developers such as CoolStar and Pwn20wnd.

Sileo is an upcoming DPKG-Based Cydia replacement that will support current existing sources and packages. I’m unsure how the change from Cydia to Sileo is going to work, as in if Cydia is going to be uninstalled or not. Down below are some pictures of the new replacement.

Personally I’m happy that Cydia won’t be used anymore because I feel a new design and features have been needed for awhile.

I’m unsure when it’s going to be released but I’m guessing soon because I’ve seen a lot of talk about it on Twitter.

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
Cydia, current package manager for the current Electra and many previous jailbreaks is now going to be replaced with something new called Sileo. There hasn’t been too much talk on Sileo but has been talked about by developers such as CoolStar and Pwn20wnd.

Sileo is an upcoming DPKG-Based Cydia replacement that will support current existing sources and packages. I’m unsure how the change from Cydia to Sileo is going to work, as in if Cydia is going to be uninstalled or not. Down below are some pictures of the new replacement.

Personally I’m happy that Cydia won’t be used anymore because I feel a new design and features have been needed for awhile.

I’m unsure when it’s going to be released but I’m guessing soon because I’ve seen a lot of talk about it on Twitter.
Eh, this happened a few months ago while waiting for the iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak everyone was going crazy about the new 'Installer5', which took forever to come out and then when it did (in beta form) it turned out it was built on broken code and struggled to perform any better than Cydia. So long as this attempt doesn't mess up the codebase and actually functions better than Cydia, it should be fine. But honestly, Cydia is the best hope we have it just needs to be updated a little, and devs need to update their tweaks.
Honestly, I'm not sure why we need another package manager, it's not going to do **** for the 'community', despite what people think. A new package manager won't inspire devs to update their tweaks, and other devs to build new ones, it will just become an alternative to Cydia because of a spite war between devs.

O

OMGnanerpus

Regular Everyday Normal MF
Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few installers over the years. But maybe this one will stick. Lol

P

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Reaction score
They never stick, lol.

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Maybe this will be the replacement that'll stay?

Here's a video of Sileo, recorded by Coolstar himself.

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
Maybe this will be the replacement that'll stay?

Here's a video of Sileo, recorded by Coolstar himself.

Honesly cydia is so widely loved that people will repackage electra with it, and will make alternative jailbreaks that include it, and most easily will just create cydia installers for electra.

I

iPhone 6 Plus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been using cydia since iOS 3 this is terrible news maybe if they use the open source of cydia and fix it they won’t have a issue but they rather say they own the jb community and release this bs my opinion if they was able to atleast able to jb a current firmware then all credits to them but we talking to 11.3.1 it’s like they piggy back off of other stuff but rather make them selves look good by throwing away cydia.

Rant over lol

T

Thextrememodzz

Reaction score
Cydia is indeed old, back in the days, Yeah it was ok. but now, With modern time, its time to a New Upgrade! thank god they finally repleace it.

I

iPhone 6 Plus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cydia would work but the way coolstar is setup suarik said it him self Electra was put together messy maybe coolstar stop being immature and cydia would work fine but at the end of the day the ones saying cydia is old is new to the jb community

Top Bottom