Custom Windows XP Themes

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Mizwax, Nov 9, 2008 with 2 replies and 356 views.

1. Mizwax

Mizwax Member

Ratings:
    Are you still using the same old Windows XP themes? With this tutorial, you can use themes that make your computer look like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my pack of programs, resources i used and uploaded for you:
    [Click here to view the link]

First off, we need to patch your uxtheme.dll file.
    go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and find uxtheme.dll and rename it to uxtheme.dll.old. then find the uxtheme.dll in the pack you downloaded and put it there and make sure its named uxtheme.dll
    [​IMG]

i suggest restarting your computer right now.

now install styler and objectdock (objectdock is optional, it just adds the mac-like dock to your computer)

now put the contents of the VistaVG Ultimate>Theme folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and run the VistaVG Ultimate.Theme file that you just put there. Your Windows Display Properties window should come up now. hit ok on it.
    [​IMG]

now in my provided font folder, copy all the fonts to C:\Windows\fonts
    [​IMG]

now we need to use styler. make sure styler is running and go to the pack you downloaded, and find the Styler Toolbar folder in your vistavg folder. now paste the vistavg folder from there into:
    C:\Program Files\Styler\TB\skins\Styler's
    [​IMG]

now, open explorer (just open a folder of any sort) and right click somewhere in your toolbar (like next to the back button, etc.) and make it look like this:
    [​IMG]

a new toolbar should come up. click on the little floppy disk looking thing and go to skin>styler's>VistaVG:
    [​IMG]

now you might have to right click and un-check "Lock Toolbars" to move them around a little bit to look right.

check your readme.txt in the vistavg ultimate folder that is in MyPack for more info.

This is what it should look like now:
    [​IMG]

i suggest putting a shortcut to styler in your startup if it didnt do it for you. and do it for objectdock if you installed that too.

get additional themes here:
    [Click here to view the link]

also, if you double click on the styler icon in the system tray, a bunch of options will come up to further customize your computer.

Enjoy!
    ~Mizwax

Thank you goo for teaching me about the uxtheme.dll file and the deviantart.com source for themes. :cool:

2. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Although I don't know why one would make XP look like Vista, very good tutorial. I ought to make one for Vista, now that I think of it! :smile:

3. OP
    Mizwax

Mizwax Member

Ratings:
    well, vista is just the universal "wow, i can do that?" theme imo.

so i figured i would use it as an example. :tongue: