What's new

Custom Named Class MODs

• Thread starter QuothTheRaven
  • Start date
  • Views 1,452

QuothTheRaven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was recently in a game over XBOX Live, with 2 other people. One of the guys had a custom named class MOD on his Siren, it was called "Sticky".

So I tried making my own custom named class MOD. I made it in WillowTree#, and gave it the custom name "Fat Bastard". However, upon loading up my game and checking my inventory, it didn't have a name, and was simply "660". And when I equipped it, the area where the class MOD name usually is above the XP bar was empty.

Here's the code I used:
Code:
gd_itemgrades.Gear.ItemGrade_Gear_ComDeck_Roland
gd_CommandDecks.A_Item.Item_CommandDeck_Roland
gd_CommandDecks.Body_Roland.Roland_Commando
gd_CommandDecks.LeftSide.leftside6c
gd_CommandDecks.RightSide.rightside6
gd_CommandDecks.ManufacturerMaterials.Material_Jakobs_3
gd_manufacturers.Manufacturers.Jakobs
gd_weap_grenade_launcher.Prefix.Prefix_Quality1_Fat
gd_weap_support_machinegun.Title.TitleM_Torgue_Bastard
I simply switched the Prefix and Title on an ordinary Commando Class MOD (for my Roland character). Didn't work.

What did I do wrong? Can someone explain how to give Class MODs custom names, so I can learn how to for future use?

EDIT: Also, I should mention that one of the guys I played with dropped a Wee Wee's Booster-named Class MOD, which had a Yellow/Orange rarity level, which reminded me of another question:

How would I go about changing the class MODs rarity color to like, Pearlescent, or even the color of the Health pickup from the Mad Moxxi DLC? I wish I had saved the Wee Wee's class MOD, but before I could, my entire game froze =\

TremerCrist

Reaction score
You can only use prefixs and titles from items on other items. Weapon prefixs and titles only show on weapons.

QuothTheRaven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can only use prefixs and titles from items on other items. Weapon prefixs and titles only show on weapons.
Hmm, well then how did the guy have a class mod called "Sticky", and another one of Yellowish-orange rarity called "Wee Wee's Super Booster" (or whatever the Wee Wee thing is)?

Keep in mind, I'm probably just being stupid and not realizing something obvious like "You can use prefixes/titles from things like Grenade MODs on Class MODs."

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sticky (grenade) -> item
wee wee's super booster (shield) -> item

The name simply has to be taken form ANY ITEM and only the prefix will show when equipped or maybe it was the title, I forget it's been a while...

QuothTheRaven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sticky (grenade) -> item
wee wee's super booster (shield) -> item

The name simply has to be taken form ANY ITEM and only the prefix will show when equipped or maybe it was the title, I forget it's been a while...
In the Prefix slot, I put the Ironclad title, and in the title spot, I put the Shock Trooper class MOD name.

When equipped, my class MOD labels as "Ironclad".

I've also successfully made class MODs with shield names, such as "Endothermic Shield".

Top Bottom