x VeNoM iii

The Force Is Strong With This One
Reaction score
Sin$
** will be updating with more info on how to convert soon

Bored of the iphone sms tones?
cant find the one you want on cydia ?

just follow this tutorial!

*please note this for windows ONLY* It can be done on mac put you will need a different ssh client

What you need
Jailbroken iphone
open ssh - search for it in cydia
WIN-SCP - Here
a pc/ laptop that can connect to the same wifi as your phone
a wifi connection (this can be done without wifi i may post how to later)

Step 1

On your iphone go to settings-general-autolock-never
1-2.jpg

Step 2

Go to wifi settings and click the blue circle next to the wifi you are connected to and write down your ip address.
2-3.jpg

Step 3

Find the sound you want as your sms tone and covert it to M4a,Drag this file onto your desktop and rename it sms-received1.caf. (if you want more than one you can replace the 1 to any number between 1-5)
** This can be done in Itunes or on a music converter, i will update with more info asap

Step 4

Open WIN-SCP and login. Host name is your ip address the Username is root and password is alpine
3-3.jpg

Step 5

You will see this window
4.jpg

Click the back arrow above the little folder with the up arrow until you cannot go anymore

Now Browse to this folder: /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

Step 6
Drag the sms tone you made into the folder, you may want to backup the tones that are on there, just in case.

And thats it, now disconnect your phone and go to your sms tones, depending on the number you used it will be that far down the list E.G 1 is 1st, 2 is 2nd.

If you have any problems just let me know and I will try to help

snowwhite

snowwhite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool i used to do this theres that many u can get directly from cydia now that i dont bother

Top Bottom
Login
Register