• Thread starter vanished
  • Start date
  • Views 3,287
vanished

vanished

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I was messing about with reach earlier today and I managed to get into the custom games lobby but I was unable to change the game settings and start the game (I was able to change the map though). Here is how I did it:

1. Open mainmenu.map in ascention
2. Select the WGTZ tag > ui\main_menu
3. Show invisibles
4. In the "Unknown 1" section change the drop down box to number 4 (matchmaking) OR 6 (theater), or both if you feel that way inclined.
5. Change where it says "matchmaking_lobby.cusc" to "custom_lobby".

Thats all there is too it sorry for my bad tut I just made it in a rush I hope this can help someone find a way to get custom games in the reach beta :smile:.

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I was messing about with reach earlier today and I managed to get into the custom games lobby but I was unable to change the game settings and start the game (I was able to change the map though). Here is how I did it:

1. Open mainmenu.map in ascention
2. Select the WGTZ tag > ui\main_menu
3. Show invisibles
4. In the "Unknown 1" section change the drop down box to number 4 (matchmaking) OR 6 (theater), or both if you feel that way inclined.
5. Change where it says "matchmaking_lobby.cusc" to "custom_lobby".

Thats all there is too it sorry for my bad tut I just made it in a rush I hope this can help someone find a way to get custom games in the reach beta :smile:.
I did that and also edit some stuff fu@# the **** out of the game. there is halo 3 menu in there lol.

B

black picture

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does that say anything like cant start due to not connected live, i know that when your in theater during the beta testing and if you where signed off it said, "to watch film you would have to be connected to xbox live."

H

Halomods

Reaction score
Sin$
does that say anything like cant start due to not connected live, i know that when your in theater during the beta testing and if you where signed off it said, "to watch film you would have to be connected to xbox live."

Black Picture = FleshRider oooold school halo days :wink:

Leering

Leering

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bright Idea Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
Omg, this has to be the single most greatest post ever it shows so much knowledge and value in the conversation!

On-topic;
I would keep my eye on Rework3d they are a smart bunch over there working on this.

B

black picture

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So here is my progress. The post early from IvanishedI (great work btw) switching lobbies doesn't really help. since thats all i have been doing is switching the main menu to custom or firefight or, of coarse the match making or theater, and for the heck of it swapped match making and custom around. The closest thing Ive have gotten to is switching the start menu to firefight, or custom that will allow you to change your game setting, time, kills, rounds, the normal and a few things extra cant remember off the top of my head. just watch the video and you will under stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmhiFfmO3nA

Does the same thing for custom games too just plays the film.

i think if we can make a plug in for cusc we can get closer to unlocking custom games for at least split screen, and maybe a better one for wgtz. sorry to be sounding demanding i would do it if i knew how, (would love to learn)

just thought i should upload where I'm at before i move to my new house. hopefully this might be some help.

SnD Scrub

SnD Scrub

The Warez kings humble Protégé
Reaction score
Sin$
So here is my progress. The post early from IvanishedI (great work btw) switching lobbies doesn't really help. since thats all i have been doing is switching the main menu to custom or firefight or, of coarse the match making or theater, and for the heck of it swapped match making and custom around. The closest thing Ive have gotten to is switching the start menu to firefight, or custom that will allow you to change your game setting, time, kills, rounds, the normal and a few things extra cant remember off the top of my head. just watch the video and you will under stand.

i think if we can make a plug in for cusc we can get closer to unlocking custom games for at least split screen, and maybe a better one for wgtz. sorry to be sounding demanding i would do it if i knew how, (would love to learn)

just thought i should upload where I'm at before i move to my new house. hopefully this might be some help.
sweeeeet good progress

galaxa

sgtswitch

Reaction score
Sin$

what did you change around to view your vidoes from the beta

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
what did you change around to view your vidoes from the beta
If you run the Beta from the dash or the xex directly, it will load.
rolleyes.gif

This goes for retail as well, but it boots you offline. (If you got the beta from a code and not ODST.) (Screenshots can't be viewed either.)

galaxa

sgtswitch

Reaction score
Sin$
If you run the Beta from the dash or the xex directly, it will load.
rolleyes.gif

This goes for retail as well, but it boots you offline. (If you got the beta from a code and not ODST.) (Screenshots can't be viewed either.)

ok i have all my saved films on my legit hdd if i transfer them in same folder to my jtag the beta will load them ?

H

halo2jumper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can anyone upload a saved film from a match on Powerhouse??
I dont have any replays xD so bad..

Leering

Leering

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bright Idea Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
Detox already said it will require XeX editing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register