Custom Dashboard on JTAG?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Stupiditility, Feb 7, 2010 with 15 replies and 3,467 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stupiditility

Stupiditility Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was just wondering, would it be possible to make a "skin" or custom dash for a JTAGed xbox 360? I would really like my old blades dash back because my red vs blue theme is awesome but i know why we cant have the old dash, but is it possible to skin the NXE in ANYWAY at all (dont care about difficulty) to make it look like the blades?

• Like Like x 1
  2. IceCreamKohn

IceCreamKohn Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can't you already put any background you want?

3. Ben

Ben Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yes but thats just a background, hes talking about actually modifying "mod" it. Haha like having the blades again.

4. M2Pleasent

M2Pleasent Enthusiast

Ratings:
    nope....

5. Pimpin Tyler

Pimpin Tyler Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cdeath

Cdeath Newbie

Ratings:
    It is definitely Possible. Just remember that it takes a while to figure things out. Once we know more about the 360, it will get to be more modified. Hopefully, one day we can get it like the original xbox, unlocking everything. (Of course with out a dev kit)

7. nickcas

nickcas Getting There

Ratings:
    lol... glad to see you did your research.

Yes, you can. Problem is you probably don't know how to code an entire dashboard.

We already "unlocked" everything. And I think we actually know everything about the 360. People have been reversing the kernel for years now.

8. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    I've been wanting to see XBMC ported for a looooong time now.

9. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the XBMC team themselves have said that they have no plans to port it.

10. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah, I know, they're not even actively developing for the original xbox anymore. I was hoping someone else could do it.

11. Cdeath

Cdeath Newbie

Ratings:
    Yea. But arent they still supporting it for windows? Or is that over with too now?

12. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    I believe they are. I currently have the newest version installed on my PC. Great media player.

13. Shad0wGlance

Shad0wGlance Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks for ur sig.... lol

14. Cdeath

Cdeath Newbie

Ratings:
    So... I guess there is no way to customize your dashboard( not backgrounds and stuff) without a dev kit or jtagged xbox correct? I really wish an exploit in a game eventually develops like the original xbox, but i am afraid its rare. Mod chips don't allow you to have complete control over your xbox either yet correct? you need your cpu key or something, which is sort of what jtagging your xbox does?

15. OP
    Stupiditility

Stupiditility Enthusiast

Ratings:
    found a way guys :smile:
    its not exaclty a mod where youd boot into blades insead of NXE, but its like a skin.
    its called freestyle360. you can download from the usual places, and just place a desired skin in the folder and bam, your done. problem is, im not sure if there is a way where you can boot from startup directly in freestyle360, but when there is, ill be there, with my blades dash back :smile:

16. Wizardman7

Wizardman7 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Actually, there is a dash that uses the blades theme. It is called 360dash it (to google it remove the space), it is the dash I use on my jtag. I don't think it is that popular, and to make games show up in it you have to use the 360dash it indexer (just a .exe file you run, and it loads the games to show up in the dash). It isn't that much trouble, and I use it over freestyle 360 just because it has a cool theme:thumbup:. However, I couldn't get emulators or apps to show up in it. If anyone knows how, post or message me.