• Views 890
Status
Not open for further replies.
Global Eclipse

Global Eclipse

Electrical Engineering Student
Reaction score
Sin$
So I've got 90 hours into CS:GO now and I'm in the ultra bad Silver 3 rank. I play with a fairly large group of friends that I know in real life and they all aren't the most helpful people. Even if one managed to get Global Elite last year.

I really hate how bad I am at this game and I've tried several different methods of improving with negligible results. I have some fairly ok game sense, but my aim and my luck for getting 1/2 shot by people is complete garbage. The only times I've ever had a positive KD in a game was when I either ran around like a moron with a P90 or I sat in really dumb spots with a AS. How does one master the enigma that is being good at the strangest FPS I've ever played.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Practicing aim/recoil pattern when playing alone but need to work as a team to win.

A

Afatassninja

Chris farley
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If your looking for more people to play im also silver 3, never have anyone to play with and it kinda sucks getting qued with randoms. Global Eclipse Global Eclipse

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Being in silver just work on your AIM. To be honest everything from silver to about NOVA 2/3 is all the same **** just different looking ranks. So focus on your AIM and play with a few people that are consistent so you can rank up.

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
just play play and play more. you gotta know the maps like the back of your hand, the angles, the hiding spots, etc. its all about having that cursor where they are gonna be first. burst firing and stand still when you shoot. shoot, strafe, stop, shoot, strafe , stop. and crouch when you get into a close range spray down

F

Fondle

Ignorance is bliss.
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally don't think there's a key to getting good at CS:GO. It's such a hard game.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally don't think there's a key to getting good at CS:GO. It's such a hard game.
Oh you can get good, just takes more practice than other shooters.

Northern Nick

Northern Nick

Snow Snuggler
Reaction score
Sin$
Play competitive and if you can with a couple friends and internet randoms. If you're just starting competitive, then you wont have a rank to ruin :biggrin:. I got good just by playing, over, and over, and over. That's all you can really do. You can download maps to play that help with shooting and stuff but actual experience is obviously better.

Yiddo

Yiddo

Fabled Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I am a total noob at this game and pc gaming in general. I have 1 question. Is there a way i can spawn with the same gun over and over again without having to buy it first? it's a pain in the arse trying to buy my favorite gun every 5 minutes in a deathmatch.

Northern Nick

Northern Nick

Snow Snuggler
Reaction score
Sin$
I am a total noob at this game and pc gaming in general. I have 1 question. Is there a way i can spawn with the same gun over and over again without having to buy it first? it's a pain in the arse trying to buy my favorite gun every 5 minutes in a deathmatch.
Stop dying and you keep your gun :smile:

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Stop dying and you keep your gun :smile:

I think you just press F3 key once you brought your gun.

I can't remember which for sure but F1/2/3 will stop the randomiser.

CRDNight

CRDNight

Dota 2/LoL
Hardened Veteran Jokester Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone tell me why my long range bursts cant hit anyone. Wokrs in on CS:S but not in CS:GO...

Northern Nick

Northern Nick

Snow Snuggler
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone tell me why my long range bursts cant hit anyone. Wokrs in on CS:S but not in CS:GO...
Recoil becomes increasingly bad the longer you shoot, and depending on the weapon may be even worse at longer ranges. If you want to get all OP, you can learn the recoil pattern like CS:GO pro players do, or you can use shorter bursts. Crouching also increases accuracy.

CRDNight

CRDNight

Dota 2/LoL
Hardened Veteran Jokester Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Recoil becomes increasingly bad the longer you shoot, and depending on the weapon may be even worse at longer ranges. If you want to get all OP, you can learn the recoil pattern like CS:GO pro players do, or you can use shorter bursts. Crouching also increases accuracy.
This is pretty basic information about CS. Been playng since 1.6 obviously I know this.

Northern Nick

Northern Nick

Snow Snuggler
Reaction score
Sin$
This is pretty basic information about CS. Been playng since 1.6 obviously I know this.
You asked, I answered. You never mentioned knowing it before. I'm only trying to help out.

Plungedcashew

Plungedcashew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Revoil practice. Or if you can move your wrist quickly left/ right you can become an awpper. I am pretty effective and am the backbone awpper for my tourney team

iFrostys

iFrostys

PC Master Race | Stay Frosty!
Reaction score
Sin$
> Go into a lobby with harmless bots.
> Kick all bots.
> Spawn LOADS of harmless bots.
> Practise 1 shotting with the AK (headshots).
> If you miss, kill yourself.
> If you headshot a bot, keep going.

Do this for a couple hours now, then try and do it for like 30 mins - 1 hour before you sit down to play comps, you'll be surprised how much it will help you aim/snap to headshots when online.

ThatOnePhilGuy

ThatOnePhilGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
Been playing CS for about 15 years now. Couple things I can tell you.

1. Learn routes for maps. Once you know the map you can predict other players habits and behavior in situations and get the drop.
2. Be mindful of your recoil, if necessary stop to shoot, walk or crouch. The recoil is what you fight most in the game, figure out its mechanics as well as its relation to the behavior of individual weapons and you will be shocked at how much more your aim improves.
3. Learn your strengths. It does you no good to use a weapon that just does not work for you. I have found I do best while playing with the mp7 a largely looked down upon gun. But hell it works for me so I roll with it.
4. Watch pro matches. Being exposed to pro tactics will give you insight into the deeper meta games and strats of CS. You will become better simply by watching and listening to these guys!
5. Don't panic in a fire fight. Accuracy is more important than getting out the most bullets. Stick 2-3 shoots in their head and it wont matter if they got the drop on you.
6. Unusual movement. This is something strange I have noticed but while rushing down players if I move in diagonal line to them they have trouble adjusting aim. This is likely because they have to register both your sudden approach and your change of direction. For lower tiered players its an easy way to come out on top in rushes and engagements.
7. NEVER FORGET GRENADES! A well placed smoke or flash can turn a fight in your favor quicker than you can imagine. Getting rushed too often? Throw down an incendiary grenade and at least soften them up on the approach.
8. Be mindful of sound. Smart players will pick up on audio ques and react to them. Those who know the map and hear you coming will set up for it. Walk often, they are listening.
9. Set up shots. When you are coming around a corner or waiting for an enemy rush make sure to place your crosshairs right about where their head and center mass should be. You will be surprised at how much preparing the shot will help in getting that first crucial round off.

Hope some of these helped.....I should probably make a video about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register