CS:GO CS:GO F2P & Battle Royale Update

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike' started by Slice, Dec 10, 2018 with 5 replies and 367 views.

1. Slice

Slice 11

Ratings:
    CS:GO F2P & Battle Royale Update

Full patch notes can be found here: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

CS:GO’s latest version was released on December 6 and contains some massive changes to the FPS.
    The latest update introduces Danger Zone, a small but incredibly fast battle royale mode. Danger Zone can be played in solo, duo, or trio queues, and features up to 18 players.
    Valve has also added a Danger Zone Case to the game, featuring 17 new community-designed weapon skins, as well as rare Horizon Knives.
    The latest update also sends Valve’s FPS free-to-play. Everyone who’s already purchased the game will receive a commemorative loyalty badge, and will automatically be upgraded to Prime Matchmaking status, which helps guard against smurfs and hackers, as well as now grating a special MP5 skin.

Patch Notes Here:
    [CSGO – Danger Zone]
    – Introducing Danger Zone, a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO’s tactical gameplay. For more details, visit: www.counter-strike.net/dangerzone
    – Danger Zone can be played solo, or in squads of two or three players.

[FREE TO PLAY]
    – CS:GO is now free to play. For more details, visit the F2P FAQ.
    – All players who played CS:GO before the Danger Zone update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile.
    – All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status
    — Prime Status continues to match you with other Prime Status players
    — Additionally, your Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats (available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches) and the new Danger Zone case.

[Danger Zone Case]
    – Introducing the Danger Zone Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Horizon Knives as rare special items.

Those are all the changes from this CSGO update. What are your thoughts? Will you try out the new mode free of charge?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke retired boah. Retired

Ratings:
    Anybody around here have some feedback on the battle royale mode and/or the current state of the game? Or is the battle royale mode just not competitive against the other juggernauts as I've heard? It completely slipped my mind, as many things do, that this went FTP so I was considering giving it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Slice

Slice 11

Ratings:
    Don't bother getting it if you are not willing to spend money on it. Without Prime you get a hacker every lobby!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. RaoulDuke

Ratings:
    Ah, sh*t lol I also forgot that it sort of went the road of pay-to-win. Quote me if I'm wrong there. Is this hacker issue on xbox as well though? I'm still a console pleb so I don't have a fancy PC setup.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Slice

Slice 11

Ratings:
    I don't think it is the same for xbox, you should have a fine time on there.

6. RaoulDuke

Ratings:
    Sweeeeeeeet. See folks, sometimes being a pleb can be a good thing. :wink:

Edit - PSA to those on Xbox, it is not FTP on that platform. The game costs $15 on there, and you can't even buy it directly off your Xbox in the Store even though they made it Backward Compatible!! You have to buy it from the marketplace on the regular internet, or through an Xbox 360! Wtf... did we time travel backward?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019