• Thread starter BeniShroom
  • Start date
  • Views 25,956
soberinsac

soberinsac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's no way to quit the game instantly like on Xbox one. You can try shutting off your console or unplugging your internet but that's takes longer than just hitting quit on Xbox.
Thanks for the reply and the info. I was wondering about that actually. When we tried the host would switch characters as soon as he took a knee and it just was not working. The thought then was hey maybe you should just unplug your Ethernet cable and again it still takes too much time. It appears that when we unplug or he tried to switch characters the game was searching for the next host or leader and it took to long...we think... Anyhow ill mess around with it and if we figure something out ill post it. Now im super curios to see if we can get it to work on the PS4.We do have the option in thesetings menu to turn off the internet so like I said Ill do some trial and error

mrsheen

mrsheen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Having thought about this logically for a moment. To make party leader the host they should start the game solo and then invite the others in. It shouldn't jump host from the leader and make it a little more consistent.

Agronis

Agronis

Slingin' Dreams
Reaction score
Sin$
One could beat it legit..

But if you know how to do this cheese.. it can be done with two skilled people.. meaning a full fire team its an ABSOLUTE breeze. I mean, do you like all that coordination that Atheon requires or would you rather just spam a few grenades and call it a day?

It's not being lazy.. its being proficient with your time.

See?

Really - I can get it to work. every. time.

I create the lobby, I invite everyone.. at this point I don't have to be party leader - just the host - so it doesn't require "my" saved checkpoint.

As Crota bows to me.. I dashboard. Every time I thought I missed my mark my fireteam would laugh as I'd still get it.

soberinsac

soberinsac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm this works on ps4 I couldn't get it at first. But as long as the host clicks the connect to internet option while crota is kneeling it worked flawlessly. Also in between tries we did beat it legit but we would have had it beat a few times if the darn ogre wouldn't wander off to chase a ghost and the damn sword bearer doesnt take 3 minutes to show up. So I don't feel so bad about cheesing him. It really isn't that hard once everybody has a job and the coordination is down. Thanks guys for all the info, opinions, and responses and thanks for posting this in the first place.

Daddydan58

Daddydan58

Reaction score
Sin$
Host has to unplug power cord as soon as crota goes down but dont leave last room on left or right untill host unplugs power

T

thecerb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
... works on xbox one. Not really about timing.
Have one guy go into crota save.
Dont start it.
Individually invite party to game. If you invite them all once you will be pulled to orbit.
Start crota.
clear rooms like normal.
Once clear host that started the raid by himself gets ready to quit game.
Quit game by pressing the home button, then the start button, when on the game icon.
All others dps crota.
Crota falls to one knee.
Host quits.
Crota stays down.
Host join back to game while I others kill sword bearer and knights.
Only takes 2 swords to kill crota.

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Did this twice last time, dashboarding and as party leader, worked both times, both my first 2 times doing it. Sure I got like nothing because crota is a big dumb b**** but yeah.

B

Bobby281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i did this yesterday with a friend.
i disconnected, joined back and killed crota.

is it normal that i only got 2 drops, while my buddy got 5?
is it because i joined late in the game?

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So I was doing this, and Crota got up when I started hitting him with the sword, he also teleported to the left side when he stayed kneeling on the right side for over 5 mins, the hell?

BeniShroom

BeniShroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
have you downloaded anything?
No update for me as of yet. I doubt this will be fixed as soon as the weekly update comes out. The updates seem to come out in the afternoon time (EST). So if you want to continue to exploit this do it in the morning before any potential updates.

Top Bottom
Login
Register