• Start date
  • Views 25,947
BeniShroom

BeniShroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not mine, but it surfaced on b.net.

If someone leaves while crota is downed it looks like he never gets back up.

Supposedly the guy got a disconnect while playing and it wasn't intentional. :/
To do the glitch one person much start the raid at the Crota checkpoint. This player is the host of the game. The host then invites the other players to the game, revives them and then starts the game like normal. Once both sides are clear of enemies everyone expect the host will dps Crota. Once Crota kneels down the host will leave the game by either dashboarding, exiting the game, or disconnecting their Ethernet cable (if applicable). The beginning area has a great view of Crota if the host is using the direct disconnect method. This will cause the game to change host and everything will be invincible for a few seconds. Once the host has been changed Crota will be frozen on his knee. Invite the old host back, revive him and kill the Swordbearer and proceed to kill Crota.

This process takes about 10 minutes from standing around the crystal to killing Crota.

Last edited:
B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone confirm?? This would be the quickest and best cheese ever, plus I have the CP and a Gjallahorn! Lol.

7s Ecky

7s Ecky

Haggis enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
bit of a shame tbh, all these n00bs running around with hive gear/weapons

B

Bobby281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i think it was a error code, forced through a lag switch because the joined too fast back in for an disconnect

BeniShroom

BeniShroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I''ll see if a PUG wants to try this tonight. I'll report back.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i think it was a error code, forced through a lag switch because the joined too fast back in for an disconnect
As soon as he connects it says the person joins but theyre not actually in for another min that's why you heard "guardian down" right st the end.

If this glitch can be replicated it would be awesome. I am no noob I've beat it legit a few times. But i was getting sick of doing it over and over again.

Also I wish these would surface for hard mode rather then normal.

Blockhead

Blockhead

Killer of all necromorphs
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes this would be great if replicated but how could you force a DC dord anyone know the easiest way so I can try to replicate it with my raid group?

Edit- I'm on Xbox one of that helps

RVA

RVA

Reaction score
Sin$
As soon as he connects it says the person joins but theyre not actually in for another min that's why you heard "guardian down" right st the end.

If this glitch can be replicated it would be awesome. I am no noob I've beat it legit a few times. But i was getting sick of doing it over and over again.

Also I wish these would surface for hard mode rather then normal.

Which I think is exactly why bungie is waiting to release the hard raid. Gives them time to see what cheeses show up and how they can patch them before they release HM.

NUNsLAUGHTER

NUNsLAUGHTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes this would be great if replicated but how could you force a DC dord anyone know the easiest way so I can try to replicate it with my raid group?

Edit- I'm on Xbox one of that helps
Lagswitch. Either a pc program or WiFi kill for android

BeniShroom

BeniShroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For testing purposes do you think leaving the fireteam and rejoining would work, or just a disconnect (forced or accidental)?

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
For testing purposes do you think leaving the fireteam and rejoining would work, or just a disconnect (forced or accidental)?

If your going to be testing it, make sure it's the fire team leader (host) who quits. As that's who it was in the video. He got an error. Changing characters should be sufficient. If not try a disconnect or lag switch.

Artis

Artis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Trying it right now, trying to get the timing right but cant seem to get it.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Which I think is exactly why bungie is waiting to release the hard raid. Gives them time to see what cheeses show up and how they can patch them before they release HM.
Maybe a little portion of that. But no one will really have level 32 and good weapons for another couple of weeks. Not good enough for a lvl 33 raid anyways.

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Trying it right now, trying to get the timing right but cant seem to get it.

Make sure it's the host leaving. Have him lag switch himself out right BEFORE crota goes down. 
It definitely was due to lag. And it definitely has to be the host who gets booted. In the video the Knights stopped taking damage in the seconds leading up to the guy leaving. That means it was lagging. So that's what you gotta recreate. It's not a simple "leave at the right time"

Mu7z

Mu7z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is proving tricky to do. I switched to my home brewed cable. When I hit the switch it takes a good 5 to 10 seconds to kick me out the game and disco from Live. This does look possible though. I'll just have to hit the switch earlier. I.e. As we fire the Ghorns. Thought of packet flooding myself too haha but it's way too slow and unpredictable.

Ghostfor3al

Ghostfor3al

Reaction score
Sin$
I got this to work, the timing has to be perfect and im not quite sure how to get it to glitch out but you have to have the host go to the network tab in xbox one and click the go offline button right before crota goes down or somewhere around that time, hard to get this one to work

BeniShroom

BeniShroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If your going to be testing it, make sure it's the fire team leader (host) who quits. As that's who it was in the video. He got an error. Changing characters should be sufficient. If not try a disconnect or lag switch.
Will do. I will try the easier options first (switch characters) and then the harder (wifi kill) if the first doesn't seem to work.

Maybe a little portion of that. But no one will really have level 32 and good weapons for another couple of weeks. Not good enough for a lvl 33 raid anyways.
Some dude already hit 32. Deleted/Created multiple characters and ran the raid with his clan.

Top Bottom
Login
Register