What's new

Patched Crota Cheese Tutorial (Forever Kneeling Glitch)

• Thread starter Ecko_1223
  • Start date
  • Views 44,516
Status
Not open for further replies.
fathom7411

fathom7411

Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm this works on Ps4/ps3 as i have had friends who have done it tried it and said it worked fine they said you have to close app or something ? but yeh this my video and here is more detailed guide if it isnt working for you:

All six of us got in an Xbox live party chat but we were all in orbit by ourselves not in a group. Then one person loaded up the crota CP by himself. This ensures he is actually the host who loaded up the map not just the fireteam leader (promoting someone to fireteam leader doesn't always work but doing this works 100% of the time). After he was in the game alone he invited the party to the game and we all joined and he revived us.

The we proceed to play as normal from top left, take out the sword bearer ect. The host had the game minimized and pressed start to bring up the "quit" game option from the main xbox menu. As soon as Crota goes to his knees we told him "now" and then he selected quit.

Easy as that. Crota will then stay on his knees forever. The first sword won't do any damage to crota for some reason but the second sword will and if you get to crota quick enough with the second sword you can kill him without even needing to kill a 3rd sword bearer.

What we did was after he quit the game and crota was stuck on his knees, we went into the left room and ignored the second sword bearer until the guy who quit rejoined the game. After we revived him back in the game, we killed the 2nd sword bearer and then killed crota.

I can also confirm this will work even if crota goes right side. The second time we did it on our alts we took too long to get crota down at the beginning and he took off right. So we just stayed with it and dropped him on the right and it still worked.

The issue people dont realise is just because you are fireteam leader doesnt mean you are host of the current game. you need to be on the map on your own then invite your friends and when you want to try again Do Not just invite the host back in and promote him you have to get the host in a game on his own and invite everyone to try again.
That is weird that the first sword didn't damage him. Knocked it out twice last night with two different groups and each time I did it with the first sword.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Still can't figure out why it works flawlessly for some people and not at all for others. When I've seen it work the person who disconnects will instantly leave the game. Other times people will leave, but it takes about 15 seconds until it says they have actually left and the party leader changes.

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Still can't figure out why it works flawlessly for some people and not at all for others. When I've seen it work the person who disconnects will instantly leave the game. Other times people will leave, but it takes about 15 seconds until it says they have actually left and the party leader changes.

It always says the person has left 15 seconds later for me. And it always works. That delay before the game says they leave is just the time it takes finding and setting up a new host console. You will notice that enemies can't be hurt during that time and I believe that's also why crota doesn't get back up. If there's a delay and it didn't work that just means your timing was off.

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm this works on Ps4/ps3 as i have had friends who have done it tried it and said it worked fine they said you have to close app or something ? but yeh this my video and here is more detailed guide if it isnt working for you:

All six of us got in an Xbox live party chat but we were all in orbit by ourselves not in a group. Then one person loaded up the crota CP by himself. This ensures he is actually the host who loaded up the map not just the fireteam leader (promoting someone to fireteam leader doesn't always work but doing this works 100% of the time). After he was in the game alone he invited the party to the game and we all joined and he revived us.

The we proceed to play as normal from top left, take out the sword bearer ect. The host had the game minimized and pressed start to bring up the "quit" game option from the main xbox menu. As soon as Crota goes to his knees we told him "now" and then he selected quit.

Easy as that. Crota will then stay on his knees forever. The first sword won't do any damage to crota for some reason but the second sword will and if you get to crota quick enough with the second sword you can kill him without even needing to kill a 3rd sword bearer.

What we did was after he quit the game and crota was stuck on his knees, we went into the left room and ignored the second sword bearer until the guy who quit rejoined the game. After we revived him back in the game, we killed the 2nd sword bearer and then killed crota.

I can also confirm this will work even if crota goes right side. The second time we did it on our alts we took too long to get crota down at the beginning and he took off right. So we just stayed with it and dropped him on the right and it still worked.

The issue people dont realise is just because you are fireteam leader doesnt mean you are host of the current game. you need to be on the map on your own then invite your friends and when you want to try again Do Not just invite the host back in and promote him you have to get the host in a game on his own and invite everyone to try again.

The first sword probably doesn't do any damage because you are hitting him too quickly after the host has left. As I said in my previous post, enemies will not take damage for about 15 seconds after the host leaves, while the game is finding the new host. Take down crota before even killing the first swordbearer . You have plenty of time once he's on his knees to kill the first swordbearer and then kill crota with the first sword.

R

ragingdragon4

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Worked 110%. I just done it four times in a row. Work on the timing.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It always says the person has left 15 seconds later for me. And it always works. That delay before the game says they leave is just the time it takes finding and setting up a new host console. You will notice that enemies can't be hurt during that time and I believe that's also why crota doesn't get back up. If there's a delay and it didn't work that just means your timing was off.

Worked 110%. I just done it four times in a row. Work on the timing.
So what was your guys timing? The guy I did it with 4 times got it each time and than I tried same thing (I think) with no luck.

WiLLiSGames

WiLLiSGames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So what was your guys timing? The guy I did it with 4 times got it each time and than I tried same thing (I think) with no luck.
read what i posted earlier in thread you are probably setting up game wrong.

DeziredImage

DeziredImage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Works perfectly this, can do this flawlessly now!

durham iz hogan

durham iz hogan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As stated above, we struggled but the second we set up a fresh lobby and the true host of the game left we did it 3 times in a row with different characters.

It has to be the lobby creator that leaves, you wait until the last 5% of the shield then shout out for them to quit the game from the dashboard. Also it works much better when somebody has the sword in their hand.

So..
1) All go below underneath.
2) kill sword bearer.
3) 1 person holds sword, while the host hovers over "quit" at the back of the room.
4) The remaining 4 people continuously fire with snipes or rockets.
5) The second he is about to drop you tell the person to select quit.
6) Then wait it out, more sword bearers will come and so will ogres every second sword.
7) After each sword kill one person goes to hit crota while the rest cover them by shooting the snipers at top.
8) Round 2 / 3 swords later you get rewards and he is dead :biggrin:

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

This motto is the bee's knees
Reporter Services Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I noticed people are missing a vital piece of information so i updated the text tutorial. The host isn't the fireteam leader. It can be anyone. Make sure the guy who is quitting out has started the lobby beforehand himself with no other users.

S

Skiller2015

Reaction score
Sin$
2 at my friends are Banned at this Glitch!!!

Permanent Ban at Destiny. I Post Screenshots. Ban code Viper

Catastrophical

Catastrophical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
2 at my friends are Banned at this Glitch!!!

Permanent Ban at Destiny. I Post Screenshots. Ban code Viper
Just letting you know the error code for viper is a network error by the way.

Ninja Turtle

Ninja Turtle

Its all Gucci
Reaction score
Sin$
as soon as crota is going down the host should disconnect his ethernet cord, it has worked each and every time for me (ps4)

Agronis

Agronis

Slingin' Dreams
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm that it most definitely works. It's easy enough to do.. but I feel as if OPs instructions may be /challenging/ for some? So here's my reiteration:

1. All members of fireteam must join on user who is going to activate said glitch. This is your "Host." It's wise to be in a Party just to make things easier.
2. Doing the Presence of Crota/Chalice Cheese is pointless - as it reactivates due to second glitch?
3. There's no need to rush and kill the first Swordbearer.
a. Everyone EXCEPT Host will walk out the left door without descending the stairs. As usual, one focuses on the knights while the rest just take down Crota's shields.

YOU DON'T NEED THE SWORD YET.. DOING SO MAY ENGAGE THE OGRES MIDWAY THROUGH THIS. Just an unnecessary annoyance.

b. As the host, you're staying in the center room (where you spawn) with your reticle focused on Crota watching his shield (useful to NOT use rockets after he's <50% health)
c. As the host, you're also already at your Xbox dashboard, have pressed "Start" on Destiny and highlighted "Quit" awaiting Crota's kneel to your power.
4. Literally, as Crota is in the process of readying to take it in the ***, the host then selects "Quit." Not the moment his shield breaks, not the moment his knee hits the ground.. somewhere in between. Every time I've accomplished it.. the last thing I could see was Crota's knee making connection.. so mid-stride? Figure it out..
5. Your fireteam is looking for a big lag spike as the game reassigns a new connection. If this happens, it worked (or you know.. if he doesn't get back up).

And finally, everyone take your time, back off.. let your original host join back in (I mean, he's to thank for the skiparound).. recollect yourself and climb to the top of the mountains in this level (cause you can!). Then go grab that sword.. and soak in the simple win. Rince & repeat the next day..

Did this help? Great! I'm back on the forums.. show me some love.

Didn't help? Oh well, I spent more time typing then you did reading (... hopefully)

55430526.jpg

//with Crota.. that means tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register