A

an4ar2ch0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking into more alternative setups.
TCP/UDP Tunnel/Proxy/Forwarder
WPE or Wireshark for blocking certain packets completely
If there's anybody else with experience in packet manipulation feel free to chime in, I'd love ideas or help.
Or just let me know if you guys have any ideas on other things I could test out.

Edited for alternate setups please see the bottom "alternate setups."
Edited for nat types please see the "IMPORTANT FOR THIS METHOD."
Edited for nat types please see the "friends execution."
Edited for nat types please see the "friends tips."

So everyone has a lot of confusion about the lag switching with crota.

I know there's like 5 other threads about this, don't say I'm too late or repost. Not taking credit for this, I'm offering a little advice or a tad bit different way of doing it.

Keep in mind that you're lagging your Xbox doing it this way, not your entire network. If done right it doesn't take a large packet size or lots of threads and sockets, you have it set to 0ms it should send a whole bunch of data without messing with the other settings.

I spent about 6 hours yesterday perfecting it with my setup, and a couple today testing with a friend. There's going to be 2 outcomes. Either you'll have a better chance at getting it done with a friend, or better solo. I found I had a easier time solo. If you can't lag a certain part, or get it to lag at all solo try it with a friend. If you can't do it with a friend try it solo, then go to my technique for friends. The two techniques are a hair different so pay attention if you take the second route.

Remember, not every technique works for everyone, this is for people who have problems doing it with friends or want to try this solo technique. I couldnt get it to work with a friend without doing it this way, but others can't do it without a friend.

SOLO:
From my experience solo I had a lot better outcome, but I'm hearing others say that they have a hard time solo. Here's my solo technique for my setup.

Solo Setup:

Open Nat
40mbps DOWN 20 mbps UP(This doesn't matter, you're lagging your Xbox not the network.)
MSI GT70 w/Killer Network(may have made a difference.)
Xbox on WiFi(Important, WiFi can't handle all the data you're sending at it.)
PC on Ethernet(Important, Ethernet will put out more data than WiFi can handle.)
UDP Unicorn
Target: 192.168.0.5(my Xbox's ip)
Port: Xbox(can do random it works as well, i just use Xbox.)
Packet Size: 3kb (important, you're sending small packets of data SUPER FAST, do small packets)
Delay: 0ms (important, you want zero incoming packets so you need to flood as fast as possible)
Threads: 2 (varies per person)
Sockets Per Thread (varies per person)

Solo Execution:
1. Start lag.
2. Run through the circle and window, jump over to the circular shaped area jutting out of the bridge.
3. Stop lag.
4. Jump to the square top pillar directly in front of you.
5. Wait and watch the crota spawn area.
6. Crota's soul(green hazey thing) will start to hiss, listen for it.
7. Hiss lasts about 2 or 3 seconds maybe, then the explosion.
8. Start lag immediately at the beginning of the explosion.
9. Watch crota for a second.
9a. You'll know if you've done it right if crota starts moving and shooting at you, otherwise he'll do his spawn animation. Don't waste your grenades, ammo, or super if he doesn't move.
10. You have 10-15 seconds. Shoot your launcher/grenade at crota's feet, careful for the next ones he'll move right or left as well.
11. Continue to do so until he's off the edge, a good run is 2 or 3 grenades/rockets.
12. Immediately as he falls off the edge turn off lag so you don't get booted.

Tips:
For setup your packet size shouldn't have to be large, you're sending them at 0ms, which is immediately after it sent the last packet its sending another one.
Packet size for me was anything larger than 6kb would boot me from the game, this will vary based on computer speeed/network card.
If your setup is perfect you'll be able to start your actions immediately after you lag switch, if it's not quite right you'll have to compensate for network lag(yes even lag has lag.)
Watch out for sword knights, they'll get you if you jump to the bridge.
Try to shoot crota as quickly as possible when you know you've gotten the lag right to avoid error codes.
When you lag through the window you can hold the lag for a little while longer if you want some time to situate yourself.
Xbox One and 360 are different, I'm sure ps3/ps4 are like that as well. On Xbox One you have to shut off the switch quickly after you leave the circle or it won't activate, where 360 you can hold lag for a while.
When getting your timing right for crota's wall start by doing it too early, then progressively later so you can find the sweet spot, xbox one was harder to find the sweet spot than it was on 360.

FRIENDS:

Friends Setup:

Open Nat
His Nat was strict(This might be what made the difference for me. He kept taking host.)
40mbps DOWN 20 mbps UP(This doesn't matter, you're lagging your Xbox not the network.)
MSI GT70 w/Killer Network(may have made a difference.)
Xbox on WiFi(Important, WiFi can't handle all the data you're sending at it.)
PC on Ethernet(Important, Ethernet will put out more data than WiFi can handle.)
UDP Unicorn
Target: 192.168.0.5(my xbox's ip)
Port: Xbox(can do random it works as well, i just use Xbox.)
Packet Size: 3kb (important, you're sending small packets of data SUPER FAST, do small packets)
Delay: 0ms (important, you want zero incoming packets so you need to flood as fast as possible)
Threads: 2 (varies per person)
Sockets Per Thread (varies per person)

IMPORTANT FOR THIS METHOD
Pair up people with nat types. People with open/moderate nat join faster than strict.
For larger groups(i just did 8,) try and do sets of open/moderate and sets of strict.
Timing for nat is in "friends execution."
This method is for people who can lag solo, but have a hard time getting it to work with friends.
Keep your friend in orbit hovering over the join button.
If you fail, he'll have to leave the game and get ready to join again.
I communicated with my friend by speaker phone so we were on the same page.

Friends Execution:
1. Start lag.
2. Run through the circle and window, jump over to the circular shaped area jutting out of the bridge.
3. Stop lag.
3a. Open/Moderate NAT friend joins immediately after you stop lag.
3b. Strict NAT friends join 3 seconds after you stop lag.
4. Jump to the square top pillar directly in front of you.
5. Wait and watch the crota spawn area.
5a. You'll see the message that your friend is joining about now.
6. Crota's soul(green hazey thing) will start to hiss, listen for it.
7. Hiss lasts about 2 or 3 seconds maybe, then the explosion.
8. Start lag immediately at the beginning of the explosion.
9. Watch crota for a second.
9a. You'll know if you've done it right if crota starts moving and shooting at you, otherwise he'll do his spawn animation. Don't waste your grenades, ammo, or super if he doesn't move.
10. You have 10-15 seconds. Shoot your launcher/grenade at crota's feet, careful for the next ones he'll move right or left as well.
10a. Your friend will be in game about now.
11. Continue to do so until he's off the edge, a good run is 2 or 3 grenades/rockets.
12. Immediately as he falls off the edge turn off lag so you don't get booted.

Friends Tips:
For NAT types timing, you'll have to adjust join timing if you notice the wall pops back up after it has already disappeared.
Refer to normal tips for execution tips.
Communicate with your friend, make sure he's ready to click join before you start.
Have your friend communicate with you, he should let you know when he gets in game so you know if you should adjust timing on when he joins.

Alternate Setups:
PC on WiFi with internet connection sharing(ethernet from pc to xbox.) Google it.
OR
PC on ethernet sharing wireless connection to the xbox(if your adapter supports it.)
WITH
UDP Unicorn as above targetting either xbox or your pc.
OR
ZoneAlarm AV/Firewall Using moderate/high on the firewall as the switch.
Back in the day I used to use kaspersky if that's still floating around that works too.
Tried with comodo but there's no quick way to do it with comodo.
OR
Windows Firewall enabled
New outbound rule
Action: Block connection
Protocol Type: Any
When lag switching you push enable/disable rule to lag switch.
OR
Hard wired lag switch.
Most people use a regular light switch.
I prefer a small toggle switch or a pressure switch.
Make sure the pressure switch is one that cuts power when pressed, not the opposite.

Last edited:
A

an4ar2ch0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You set the target to the ip of your console. If you have an android you can use dsploit to see the devices ips on your network.

X

xecrode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Were you using a wireless set up or a wired one and sometimes the lag kicks in kind of late and ideas

D

dondadd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My download speed is 19.5 and upload is 3.4 . What do you think the udpunicorn setting should be ? & Do i have to connect my laptop to the modem with a ethernet cable ?

A

an4ar2ch0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Were you using a wireless set up or a wired one and sometimes the lag kicks in kind of late and ideas
Wireless on the Xbox and wired on the pc. It's important to do it this way so the lag is immediate. 
My download speed is 19.5 and upload is 3.4 . What do you think the udpunicorn setting should be ? & Do i have to connect my laptop to the modem with a ethernet cable ?

Internet speed shouldn't affect this if you're targeting your Xbox with the flooder. You should be able to lag pretty consistently as long as you have your pc on a wired connection.

Which answers your second question. Yes you should have the pc on a Ethernet cable. You don't have to but it would definitely make a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Having the pc wired allows a much larger flood, and having the Xbox wireless creates the bottle neck that we're trying to achieve. The WiFi bottle neck is what creates lag or a standby state. I've been doing this successfully every time with zero fails after getting the network setup and timing right.

Last edited:
D

dondadd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on a ps4 and nothing seems to work. Ill try using a ethernet cable

InsanityVoid

InsanityVoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So you never mentioned a port was there a specific port you had used?
Edit: Never mind

A

an4ar2ch0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work for you next to 100% of the time now then?
As long as my timing is right yes. I've done it a bunch of times note so my timing is pretty spot on. Just like the atheon cheese, grenade placement makes a huge difference and that makes a huge difference on whether you succeed or not.

B

bash30

Reaction score
Sin$
i have the check point on hard if some one could do this for me. cant seem to get the setting right for mine to lag out. im on XB1

D

dondadd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have only one ethernet cable and its connected to my ps4 . Could i set my console to wifi and just use the ethernet cable for my laptop ? Or does everything have been wire connected

A

an4ar2ch0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have only one ethernet cable and its connected to my ps4 . Could i set my console to wifi and just use the ethernet cable for my laptop ? Or does everything have been wire connected
It's better the way you described. Ps on wifi, computer on Ethernet.

DeziredImage

DeziredImage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as my timing is right yes. I've done it a bunch of times note so my timing is pretty spot on. Just like the atheon cheese, grenade placement makes a huge difference and that makes a huge difference on whether you succeed or not.
Ok I will give this a shot, with this set up. Thanks for this.

D

dondadd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got thru the barrier but cant push crota off 
wall wont disappear . Is my timing just off ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register