Crossover Cable issues and connecting...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by aN eMo fAiRy, Jan 20, 2009 with 10 replies and 525 views.

1. aN eMo fAiRy

aN eMo fAiRy Newbie

Ratings:
    Making sure that this cable that I am using is the correct cable for the job

HTML:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2484255&numProdsPerPage=60&retainProdsInSession=1&y=14&x=10
    This is the cable that I am going to pick up this afternoon. Since I only have one ethernet plug spot in the back of my PC will that be an issue or will this cable fix that concern? If it helps I also have a 4 port hub that i picked up a few days ago for cheap.

Ive been searching the forums like crazy but just havent been able to find out what ive needed. Im pretty new to this and only know what i have heard from other people that i have played with so any and all help would be great. Thanks guys

Oh yeah i also have all of the correct programs such as CommView, Cain n Abel and Zone Alarm

[Click here to view the link]

Woops i put the site in HTML cuz i was getting *****ed at on the phone at the time lol there it is for lazy kids

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    You dont need a crossover cable for connecting your 360 to your computer. Use a regular ethernet cord.

3. OP
    aN eMo fAiRy

aN eMo fAiRy Newbie

Ratings:
    But then if thats the case how do i get it so i can connect my PC to the internet if the xbox is using the only available ethernet spot on the back of the PC?

4. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    By hooking it up, and either bridging connections or connection sharing them.

5. RCookeUSC

RCookeUSC Newbie

Ratings:
    OK so IF your computer only has ONE plug for the ethernet/crossover cable How does your Xbox then Connect to the internet after u plug it up????

6. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Wireless adapter if I were a betting man.

7. RCookeUSC

RCookeUSC Newbie

Ratings:
    If u plug a cord into the 360 it wont pick up the wireless adapter though..

8. I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY Contributor

Ratings:

um what are you talking about..... computer wireless to router, xbox wired to computer, local area connection bridged with wireless internet connection... there you go.

9. Ix Johnston xI

Ix Johnston xI Newbie

Ratings:
    If you want to connect them hard wired, you will need two NIC's in your computer. A crossover cable is used to connect two devices together, such as an Xbox and a computer. Then the other port would be a regular patch cable. You can also run a crossover to your ethernet port (if you only have 1) and bridge it with your wireless connection. But if you want to do it wired you will need a crossover and 2 ethernet ports.

10. ToGxKiLLHuStLa

ToGxKiLLHuStLa Newbie

Ratings:
    but i used to bridge my connections using usb cabel modem, wat aobut that?

11. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Wrong, it will just give you another HIGH SPEED INTERNET SOURCE...