What's new

Creating a cod tool for mac

King

King

Keep your feet up
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
I have little to no experience in PC coding and how you would do it in mac.
Anyone have any ideas to point in the right direction for this tool?

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What kind of cod tool? A tool that mods the game in real time (RTE) or a tool that does something to a file like a svg editor?

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You should first learn how to code, start learning a language that supports mac.

Y

YYes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you need the XDK you're ****ED otherwise use python mono C w/e

S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd suggest writing your app in Java as it'll be much easier to do, rather than attempting to learn horrid Objective-C.

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For creating a COD tool or your computer just wont open Mono? What exactly doesn't work for you?
Mono sucks. Why try emulate .NET when you can be a hax0r and do Java.
It's easy to convert XeClutch's lib to Java very easily. It's just sockets and XBDM commands. It's almost the exact same code that I used for my Java RTE tests.

King

King

Keep your feet up
Reaction score
Sin$
Mono sucks. Why try emulate .NET when you can be a hax0r and do Java.
It's easy to convert XeClutch's lib to Java very easily. It's just sockets and XBDM commands. It's almost the exact same code that I used for my Java RTE tests.
I have like no experience with any of that. I am kind of looking for someone to do it for me and I can pay for it.

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have like no experience with any of that. I am kind of looking for someone to do it for me and I can pay for it.
Warning: you can do nothing cool with RTE. RPC is the fun stuff. The best you can do with RTE (for MW2 - only game I did) is: Jump height, lasers, GUI (overlay icons, fonts etc.) size, running speed etc. you can't do the hax0r stuffz like Notifications, Text on screen etc. since all require you to call a function.

King

King

Keep your feet up
Reaction score
Sin$
Warning: you can do nothing cool with RTE. RPC is the fun stuff. The best you can do with RTE (for MW2 - only game I did) is: Jump height, lasers, GUI (overlay icons, fonts etc.) size, running speed etc. you can't do the hax0r stuffz like Notifications, Text on screen etc. since all require you to call a function.
Ok what is rpc

King

King

Keep your feet up
Reaction score
Sin$
Remote procedure call. Instead of editing memory you are remotely invoking a function on the console and you can pass data etc. as arguments.
but their both basically the same thing ie as tools except that you need the rpc plugin on dl?

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but their both basically the same thing ie as tools except that you need the rpc plugin on dl?
No, they're different.

RTE -
In the game memory there's values that control physics and other game things. RTE specifically edits those values/changes them to allow jump height to be like 999.0 etc.

RPC -
You calling a function in the IW engine (I'd assume) that changes game values. These would be the functions actually used by the people who make the games to do things instead of editing memory inside the process.

RPC calls functions, RTE changes values in memory.

King

King

Keep your feet up
Reaction score
Sin$
No, they're different.

RTE -
In the game memory there's values that control physics and other game things. RTE specifically edits those values/changes them to allow jump height to be like 999.0 etc.

RPC -
You calling a function in the IW engine (I'd assume) that changes game values. These would be the functions actually used by the people who make the games to do things instead of editing memory inside the process.

RPC calls functions, RTE changes values in memory.
But when it comes down to modding in game, its just a tool and mods, but rpc has more to it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register