What's new

Solved CR4 XL

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was curious if there are any FULL guides out there to RGH the slims using a CR4 XL? I have found wiring diagrams but was wondering how to actually do the glitch. I have done RGH1 on a phat jasper with a Coolrunner Rev c. But I havent found a process or explanation on how to do it with the CR4. Do you still use J-Runner ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the reply. I have read through that post and it seems VERY easy and doable. However, it doesn't really explain how to use J-Runner to write back the Nand. Sorry I have only used a homemade LPT cable to read my nand on the Jasper. I found a post on how to get the Nand for various Slim boxes. That part I get. But I am stuck after I have the two identical Nand dumps in J Runner.

snafu

snafu

Retired
Retired
Hidden Devils
A Milli Programmer Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the reply. I have read through that post and it seems VERY easy and doable. However, it doesn't really explain how to use J-Runner to write back the Nand. Sorry I have only used a homemade LPT cable to read my nand on the Jasper. I found a post on how to get the Nand for various Slim boxes. That part I get. But I am stuck after I have the two identical Nand dumps in J Runner.
JRunner is pretty self explanatory. try looking on youtube for the LPT method, or consider buying a JR-Programmer.

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was curious if there are any FULL guides out there to RGH the slims using a CR4 XL? I have found wiring diagrams but was wondering how to actually do the glitch. I have done RGH1 on a phat jasper with a Coolrunner Rev c. But I havent found a process or explanation on how to do it with the CR4. Do you still use J-Runner ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You use J-Runner the same way you used it for your Rev C, except you don't program the CR4, you select Glitch 2 (RGH2) and check the box CR4, create your ECC file and write it to the Nand.

Read the guide that comes with J-Runner it's pretty easy to follow.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do yourself a favor and buy a JR Programmer V2, it will make it "fast" and easy to read and write the nand, if you use the QSB you just plug the cable that comes with the JRP V2 into it, your LPT cable will take forever.

In that TX tutorial you linked too, it even shows a picture of the correct QSB, that's the one to buy, TX would know what they are talking about since they make them.

If you have never used QSB's be very careful when soldering them into place, most of the problems with instals come from badly soldered QSB's, scrape/clean and tin with flux/solder every PCB connection before soldering them in place.

I would never use one again and would just do a wire install.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is what it says:
New QSB with built in COM port connecter for the new style Slim Corona Consoles. It’s easy to use the NAND-X update cable to run COM Port Monitoring on J-Runner program.
This version fits Corona Motherboards.

** Not compatible with Corona 4GB model

Perfect for those that do multiple installs and want a nice permanent solution for their customer.

Features:

• Quick Solder Board (QSB) For NAND-X & CR
  • Includes STBY_CLK Resistor for cleaner signal
  • Easy Plug n Play Cable Connectors for NAND-X
  • Large solder pads for CR
  • Speeds up install process
  • Clean, reliable solution
  • High Build Quality
  • Trusted Design

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
"** Not compatible with Corona 4GB model"

If you have a 4gb nand you will need the Corona 4gb QSB, which you didn't say it was a 4gb in your previous posts.

I suggest you sign up on the TX website they will be able to help you further, good luck.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry about that. My mistake. The guide that I linked above on the TX site says it is for Corona V1 and V2 boards. I do have a Corona v2 board. So from what I read on that site I need a CR4 CORONA QSB KIT. Here is what I have already ordered:
Xecuter J-R Programmer v2
Xecuter CR4 XL
Slim QSB V3 Corona
Xecuter Corona 4GB NAND RW Kit V4

So with the parts I ordered I should be able to do a slim V2 or V4 correct? I apologize for all the questions. I have never RGH a slim before.

JeEnYuS

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry about that. My mistake. The guide that I linked above on the TX site says it is for Corona V1 and V2 boards. I do have a Corona v2 board. So from what I read on that site I need a CR4 CORONA QSB KIT. Here is what I have already ordered:
Xecuter J-R Programmer v2
Xecuter CR4 XL
Slim QSB V3 Corona
Xecuter Corona 4GB NAND RW Kit V4

So with the parts I ordered I should be able to do a slim V2 or V4 correct? I apologize for all the questions. I have never RGH a slim before.

I strongly suggest not to use the corona qsb v3. You only have 1 wire to solder in that region(5v standby) 2 wires if you're planning to use rater/post output (Kiosk for power ON)

No you will need to buy a post fix adapter if your console is a corona v4. And in some very rare case, post out traces are removed on v2s.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay well that confused me. Why wouldn't I use the QSB? I thought this connected to my JR programmer? It's all overwhelming to me when I see certain things from one post then someone tells me something different. I will pay someone to write me up a DETAILED guide with pictures from start to finish using the items I have bought. For a Corona V2 or V4. Everything I have found is just too vague and not detailed enough. You know like Step 1: ........... Step 2.......... and so on and so forth. Can someone help me please?

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Watch this about setting up and reading your nand:

I hate to say this but you may need to decide now if you really want to do this yourself or pay an "expert" to do it for you, it may save you many hours of heartache later on. Depending on where you live it may be quite cheap.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?150-Modding-Services

If you really want to do it yourself read up and watch everything you can about installing a CR4 XL in a Corona 4gb before you start.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you. I am confident I can do this on my own as I have done a Jasper with a CR3 Rev C. I am very good at soldering and all that. Where I get confused is above the OP said not to use a QSB. I know the first step is getting the Nand reads in J-Runner which with the Corona 4GB I know you have to use the SD card which is fine I get that part. I live in NY and I wish I could sign up on TX website but the signups are closed. I could PAY someone for assistance through Skype or phone or whatever.

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
"I strongly suggest not to use the corona qsb v3. You only have 1 wire to solder in that region(5v standby) 2 wires if you're planning to use rater/post output (Kiosk for power ON)"

If you talking about this? The Corona V3 QSB is only needed to supply the 5v to the CR4, all the other connections are for the Rater. You can save yourself a bunch of soldering without it and just solder the red wire to the 5v out on the header.

He was not talking about the nand read/write QSB, you definitely need that.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So once I have my Nand dumps how do I connect the JR programmer to the CR4 and use JRunner to finanlize everything? I'm not even sure what RATER is?

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Rater is basically a program that runs in J-Runner that tests your install, it tells you how fast your console glitches, gives error reports and rates it glitching times. It's not needed if everything goes to plan.

Did you watch the video I linked? It shows how to read your nand and how to write it, and if you read the J-Runner User Guide that comes with it, it basically shows you how to read and write your nand. You write it through J-Runner the same as you read it, you don't need the JR Programmer to write a 4gb nand apparently, I have never done a 4gb console, but have found this information by searching and reading up, in fact I learned most things by searching and reading up.

It's best to understand what, how and why you are doing something rather than just going along in my opinion, it's like a jigsaw puzzle at first it hard to see things but soon it all comes together.

tthorn

tthorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I watched it. Seems straight forward and simple to read the nand on 4GB Corona. So I would assume you install the CR4 after you have the nand dumps? Then you would create ECC, Write ECC, boot to Xell(hopefully) get your CPU key and finally Write nand.

Top Bottom
Login
Register