Unsolved CR4 Trinity Xbox 360 Slim Wire Install - Think I screwed up a solder point on the 360 mobo (DB2G3)

Reaction score
Would very much appreciate some advice.

Successfully installed JR programmer on my trinity, read nand, nand checked out. Created my ECC, wrote ECC no probs.
Then installed CR4 XL and when I tried to boot console to get CPU KEY from Xell, Console seemed to boot no problem, 360 power light was just flashing green...
Power was going to CR4 had one solid red light on LED 1 and LED2 blinked green every few seconds. Unfortunately I just had blank screen, like no HDMI input.

I started checking the 5 solder points from the CR4XL on the 360 motherboard, de solder / re solder the ones I suspected as not being perfect. Thats when I ran into an issue with the point on the xbox motherboard that CR4 XL pad E connects to (DB2G3) See pic below... this is the point the green wire goes to on the board

I cannot for the life of me get a tiny bead of solder on it, and can no longer get the green wire to stick to the point.
360 still boots but without the green wire connected, the 360 power button LED blinks red after about 30 secs and stays blinking red.

Can I repair the pad? I have already tried to gently scrap any black soot left on the board from the iron. Not like I held the iron there for more than a few short secs at a time.

Thoughts?

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would very much appreciate some advice.

Successfully installed JR programmer on my trinity, read nand, nand checked out. Created my ECC, wrote ECC no probs.
Then installed CR4 XL and when I tried to boot console to get CPU KEY from Xell, Console seemed to boot no problem, 360 power light was just flashing green...
Power was going to CR4 had one solid red light on LED 1 and LED2 blinked green every few seconds. Unfortunately I just had blank screen, like no HDMI input.

I started checking the 5 solder points from the CR4XL on the 360 motherboard, de solder / re solder the ones I suspected as not being perfect. Thats when I ran into an issue with the point on the xbox motherboard that CR4 XL pad E connects to (DB2G3) See pic below... this is the point the green wire goes to on the board

I cannot for the life of me get a tiny bead of solder on it, and can no longer get the green wire to stick to the point.
360 still boots but without the green wire connected, the 360 power button LED blinks red after about 30 secs and stays blinking red.

Can I repair the pad? I have already tried to gently scrap any black soot left on the board from the iron. Not like I held the iron there for more than a few short secs at a time.

Thoughts?
You have most probs burnt that tiny solder connection on DB2G3.There is an alternative point underneath the board but i would reflash your stock nand dump back to your consoles nand and desolder the power wire for the CR4 XL.Then power up the console.Hopefully the console should still boot into dashboard.
Google for the DB2G3 alternate point and solder your wire to that.Then flash Xell back to your nand to see if your console boots up to Xell.If all goes well then just flash your hacked nand image to the nand.

Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the response. So 360 is not flashing red anymore. It did manage to boot into xell for a few seconds here and there in between trying to get a better solder on the point.

For clarity I am using JRunner_V0.7, after I got 4 matching reads, In the XEbuild tab of JRunner I checked Glitch 2 and checked CR4.

From what I found the alt point for DB2G3 on trinity is FT2V1 see pic. Anyone double confirm this for me?

I have desoldered the 5v from CR4XL. I Loaded nanddump1 in Jrunner, and hit write nand but getting error writing all the blocks.

Any Ideas?

Reaction score
tried writing nanddump1 a few times always got errors, Jrunner doesnt seem able to write to nand anymore getting this error. Am I fried?

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tried writing nanddump1 a few times always got errors, Jrunner doesnt seem able to write to nand anymore getting this error. Am I fried?

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue
go over your nand solder points.Most of the time a "Flash Config 0x00000000 is due to poor soldering.So i would go over the points again with your soldering ironand making sure that your nand read/write wires are correctly soldered into their corrasponding holes.
Could you upload a good clear picture of your nand wires soldered to the points please,buddy

Reaction score
Cheers, I thought as much. Will tackle the nand again. I want to give it a quick clean first. But will for sure fire over a pic post haste

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers, I thought as much. Will tackle the nand again. I want to give it a quick clean first. But will for sure fire over a pic post haste
You would have more success using an Ace v3 glitch chip on a Trinity board than a TX CR4 XL for S-RGH install.No need too solder any wires too either DB2G3 or FT2V1 (alt point).
I only ever use the Ace v3 glitch chips for Trinity or Corona installs and TX cloned Rev C's or Matrix glitch chips on Falcon and Jasper boards.

Reaction score
You would have more success using an Ace v3 glitch chip on a Trinity board than a TX CR4 XL for S-RGH install.No need too solder any wires too either DB2G3 or FT2V1 (alt point).
I only ever use the Ace v3 glitch chips for Trinity or Corona installs and TX cloned Rev C's or Matrix glitch chips on Falcon and Jasper boards.
I had the cr4xl from a while back, used to use te chips in original Xbox and found them great! I’ll try ace on a second 360 at some point. Cheers for the heads up.

just waiting on some pcb cleaner, new iron and some desolder braid to arrive before I go round 2 on the nand.

Top Bottom