What's new

Solved CPU Swap?

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
Got a lot of broken consoles. I just checked one and it seems to boot blades. Once it gets so far E79. It had 0102. Doss anyone think a swap is possible?

Last edited:
Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
The console came with no screws, no drive cables. The board was just in the chassis with the freedom to move.

Byrom

Byrom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got a lot of broken consoles. I just checked one and it seems to boot blades. Once it gets so far E79. It had 0102. Doss anyone think a swap is possible?
If the aim is to allow the console to still boot into the old blades dash and/or jtag the console then this won't work.
The efuses required to boot the old dash or jtag will most likely have been burned in the new donor cpu.
Then you also have the issue of creating a nand that will actually boot on the console.

Anyway I haven't tried it so anyone with more knowledge on the subject feel free to correct me.

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
If the aim is to allow the console to still boot into the old blades dash and/or jtag the console then this won't work.
The efuses required to boot the old dash or jtag will most likely have been burned in the new donor cpu.
Then you also have the issue of creating a nand that will actually boot on the console.

Anyway I haven't tried it so anyone with more knowledge on the subject feel free to correct me.
I'm talking about swapping the blades cpu to a new console.

Top Bottom
Login
Register