• Thread starter xCrAzYb0y
  • Start date
  • Views 412
xCrAzYb0y

xCrAzYb0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I'm new here. I just got a Xbox 360 Transfer cable...and I was wondering if you guys can answer some questions for me.

I was wondering if just by changing your gamertag name...will that get you banned?

I was also wondering, what all can you do with a transfer cable besides just modding your gamerscore? Cause I heard that can get you banned quick, and I don't wanna risk that.

My last question, is if you unlock all avatar things, is there a major chance of getting banned for that? Or a small chance?

I know anything due with modding can get you banned, but do they ban your right away or do they give you a warning first? Sorry for noob questions...but I don't know any friends that mod their xboxs, and I found this site, and it helped me with tons of things. Anywho I hope you guys can help with these noob questions, id really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ben

Ben

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bishop934 said:
Hello, I'm new here. I just got a Xbox 360 Transfer cable...and I was wondering if you guys can answer some questions for me.

I was wondering if just by changing your gamertag name...will that get you banned?

I was also wondering, what all can you do with a transfer cable besides just modding your gamerscore? Cause I heard that can get you banned quick, and I don't wanna risk that.

My last question, is if you unlock all avatar things, is there a major chance of getting banned for that? Or a small chance?

I know anything due with modding can get you banned, but do they ban your right away or do they give you a warning first? Sorry for noob questions...but I don't know any friends that mod their xboxs, and I found this site, and it helped me with tons of things. Anywho I hope you guys can help with these noob questions, id really appreciate it. Thanks.

You should only change your gt with ms points
You won't get banned just for plugging in the transfer cable, if you mod your gs and make it look legit your good.
I believe its a major chance of getting banned for unlocking avatar things

xCrAzYb0y

xCrAzYb0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So what your saying is, everything you do to your xbox 360 with transfer cable (modding wise) is a major chance of getting you banned? Cause I wanna change my gamertag to like blue for Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 demo. (Idk if its possible for bad company 2)

StylohyoiD

StylohyoiD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If your not willing to be banned then do not mod.

Most Transfer cable mods are not detectable. You probably will not be banned for gamertag modding(if you do get banned for it, it is because people reported you and it will be a 2 week suspension).

B

BloodHawk10

Reaction score
Sin$
I have to add to the noobiness here
I just ordered my transfer cable and have a couple questions

1.) If the transfer cable is made to transfer data between two HDD's, how will I connect it to a computer

2.) Is unlocking online achievements while offline a good idea or should I just not do that?

Ben

Ben

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
BloodHawk10 said:

1.) If the transfer cable is made to transfer data between two HDD's, how will I connect it to a computer

2.) Is unlocking online achievements while offline a good idea or should I just not do that?

its got a usb on the end to go into the computer.
and alot of offline achievements are obvious.
hit thanks if i helped :biggrin:

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I would just like to clear up some obvious errors and misleading answers in this thread.

bishop934 said:

Welcome, and I guess so.

bishop934 said:

It is possible, but very unlikely. Just like everything that constitutes violating their ToS can get you banned. I have never heard of cases of banning for changing their GT.

bishop934 said:

You can mod save files and your profile to an extent. You can inject mods, as well as extract them. Basically you can access everything that is on your hard drive and modify them in one way or another.

bishop934 said:

Same a chance as modding your gamertag. If you don't want to risk it, don't do it.

bishop934 said:

They do not warn you. Their warnings are suspensions and are usually handed out more often then bans. People really only get banned for hardware modifications, not so much things like changing your gamertag or modding your score. It will come when they notice it, but they could be anywhere from a week to a year.

BloodHawk10 said:

It's ok

BloodHawk10 said:

xbox-360-hard-drive-transfer-20070426021943688-000.jpg

USB end to the computer.

BloodHawk10 said:

You can do whatever you want. Most gamerscore modding programs have the option to unlock them offline or online while setting a time. Obviously unlocking an online only achievement and setting it to offline is suspicious. So use common sense in this aspect.

BloodHawk10 said:

Welcome.

xCrAzYb0y

xCrAzYb0y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I must give a huge thanks TehPhelix. That helped a hugeee amount. :rolleyes:

Oh, I almost forget (I don't know where edit button is, sorry.) for bans, is it console ban, or account ban? I've heard when you flash your xbox 360, it's console ban. But for just modifying things on your account and such. Are those just account bans? Or also console bans?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
bishop934 said:
I must give a huge thanks TehPhelix. That helped a hugeee amount. :rolleyes:

Oh, I almost forget (I don't know where edit button is, sorry.) for bans, is it console ban, or account ban? I've heard when you flash your xbox 360, it's console ban. But for just modifying things on your account and such. Are those just account bans? Or also console bans?

Console bans normally refer to things where you modify your actual console. In other words flashing/JTAG. If you do account modifications, you usually get suspended. If you do get banned, they are most likely to just be account bans.

Top Bottom
Login
Register