What's new

Solved Could not detect flash problem

I

iReWindz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically this is my second attempt at jtagging a console. The first time I got everything to work with freeboot and everything and then like a week later it got the rrod. So I bought this console for $45 from ebay thinking it would be easy but no, it won't read. I checked my soldering and I'm almost certain it's fine. Last time I did not use an lpt cable, I just put it manually into port. This time I decided to use one and it does not work. BTW I chipped one of the little rectangle things next to where you solder the lpt cord on. I don't know if this would affect it but it won't power on but it still gets the orange light on the brick. I don't know what's the problem so if someone could help I would be very grateful.

mirGantrophy

xGrim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you either did something wrong with the LTP, or messed it up when you chipped that rectangle..

edit: RROD is an easy fix btw. so you just wasted a JTAG

I

iReWindz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't waste a jtag. That box was fixed like 8 times before i fixed it. So after i jtagged it and it got another rrod it was beyond fixable I promise you. Any advice on my question though cuz that dude basically just restated my question.

mirGantrophy

xGrim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well maybe if you had PATIENCE and RESPECT people would WANT to help you... you said you checked your LTP and soldering? and it still doesnt work... you said the chip isnt the issue, so you are saying EVERYTHING is *PERFECT* and you still want help?

if you are sure your soldering and ltp is fine, then, what else did you do besides open the box, and apply the jtag.. im assuming you haven't put a rebooter or anything on it

I

iReWindz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically I just need to know if the chipped piece could cause it to not work. Like I can tell it doesn't look right. If I plugged everything in and didn't have the lpt cable soldered yet but I had the jtag wires solered would I be able to turn this system on? I tried that after I chipped it and it wouldn't even try to turn on. Sorry for being irritable lol just getting frustrated with this box

Basically I just need to know if the chipped piece could cause it to not work. Like I can tell it doesn't look right. If I plugged everything in and didn't have the lpt cable soldered yet but I had the jtag wires solered would I be able to turn this system on? I tried that after I chipped it and it wouldn't even try to turn on. Sorry for being irritable lol just getting frustrated with this box

mirGantrophy

xGrim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

solder the ltp and see if it turns on, do you still have the chipped piece? GLEW IT ON lol.

I

iReWindz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol I don't have it. I could try to replace it. And no the box doesn't turn on

Top Bottom
Login
Register