cost

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by 1qaz2wsx, Jan 13, 2009 with 6 replies and 256 views.

1. 1qaz2wsx

1qaz2wsx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is there any price or guessed price for win7?

2. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Well considering it's not coming out any time soon, I'm assuming the price has not been released either.

3. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The beta is free. The real version will probably cost about the same as Vista costs now, depending on the version. Upwards from $100 depending on the version and if you're getting a clean install or just an upgrade. Vista ultimate for system builders can be more than $500, but a Vista Ultimate upgrade is roughly $120.

4. OP
    1qaz2wsx

1qaz2wsx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well lets hope that they do not have to make a service pack update for major things that they missed fixing.

5. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    He means he hopes they can get everything right so they don't have to fix it later, which really isn't very likely. There will always be vulnerabilities that people find, and other reasons that require a service pack.

6. Premium

Premium Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Windows 7's trial that's ending in like march I think will leave people going months without it (my opinion) to make people want it so much more than windows vista. Then they will release Windows 7 for like 600 sum dollars, which is going to really put a hole in people's pocket because transferring over from windows vista to Windows 7 is like a major relief but so worth it. It's all about making money.. :thumbup:

7. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The beat ends in August, not March. If they slap a $600 price tag on it, people won't buy it. Microsoft will know to make it reasonably cheap, so that more people will think "oh this is reasonably priced and it's better than vista". Better software + cheaper prices = more sales