correct zone alarm setup?

• Thread starter o iR a P ii D z
  • Start date
  • Views 922
O

o iR a P ii D z

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, is this the right setup I need to bridge? I just re-installed zone alarm, because my trial expired, and when I tried to install the trial again it said trial expired. Notice how it doesn't say "New Network" like everyone elses. I'm on a 32-bit vista laptop, and it's not letting me on live anymore. Can anybody send me a crack in PM if they have one, because I dont think the regular version works, or I got host banned :/

bridging1-1.jpg

Also if any other information is needed just post here, and I'll give you whatever you need.

O

o iR a P ii D z

Reaction score
Sin$
I did have a network when I first downloaded the 15 day trial. But after that, when i redownloaded the normal version (because I couldn't download the trial again" that was what popped up. And it no longer let me on xbox live.. help me nubble :what:

P

Plasmaz

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey dude I only have 1 of Epic's IP Ranges, can you tell me the other please? I think that might be why I cant force host anymore

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Plasmaz said:
Hey dude I only have 1 of Epic's IP Ranges, can you tell me the other please? I think that might be why I cant force host anymore
Look at my bridging tutorial, you will find it there.

M

mikei

Reaction score
Sin$
just go uninstall ZAP and go into regedit - the keys relating to ZAP - restart your computer and reinstall ZAP - you can reuse the trail version for the next 100 years this way

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you know the names of these registry keys? Because I have deleted all the ones i can find and its not working.

M

mikei

Reaction score
Sin$
the easiest way to do it if you are unfamiliar with your registry is to download a program like ccleaner - its free CCleaner - Home AFTER you have uninstalled ZAP run ccleaner go to the "registry button" and have it scan your registry just for broken registry references - check off the ones that reference Checkpoint or ZAP and hit the "fix" button it will delete the keys. I then go into the windows system 32 folder and delete the ZAP folder and run through the other folders (program files / program data) and delete any other ZAP or Checkpoint folders. Empty your recycle and restart your computer - and install a fresh copy of ZAP. I have done this at 4 times and each time it works fine.

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
:tongue: lol same blood but i installed the trial before so i need to get rid of it...

M

mullii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heres mine.. It's the same setup as b4 when it worked.. does anybody see a problem?

ZAPSettings.jpg

M

mullii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dymebagz said:
no problem i see but how are your bridging?

gettint everybodys ips from cain and abel, adding them to zone alarm, putting the firewall slider on high, starting the match, waiting 10 seconds and then putting it to medium. But i've been finding matches before i could even put it to medium

O

o iR a P ii D z

Reaction score
Sin$
mullii said:
gettint everybodys ips from cain and abel, adding them to zone alarm, putting the firewall slider on high, starting the match, waiting 10 seconds and then putting it to medium. But i've been finding matches before i could even put it to medium

are you sure your on xbox live through your computer?

B

bloodangelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
mullii said:

your bridge is wrong then.

M

mullii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
o iR a P ii D z said:
are you sure your on xbox live through your computer?

i havent changed a thing since it was working to now when its not.. idk exactly what you mean on xbl through my computer but this stuff isnt workin for me :frown:.. any other ideas?

M

mullii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
o iR a P ii D z said:
what is your setup?

I use zone alarm and cain and abel.. I get everybodys IP's in my party from cain and abel put them into zone alarm into trusted.. Then i put my slider on high then hit A to start and then cain and abel finds IP's like crazy and i find a room b4 i can count to ten.. I have a modem connected to a router and the routers connected to my computer and xbox :frown: plz help!

Top Bottom
Login
Register