[Correct Version] Research of Halo 2 Model's and Animation's

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by CodeBrain, Jun 25, 2009 with 1 replies and 1,843 views.

1. CodeBrain

CodeBrain Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello, I am in need of some help, particularly with the Models and Animations of Halo 2.

Currently, you can extract models already from Halo 2 using Entity or another H2-oriented app. However, one thing that the application DOESN'T extract, is nodes and markers.

Nodes are the spheres that make a object move. It's how the slider on the Halo 1 AR moves. It's how Master Chief moves his arms around in First OR Third Person.

Markers are, again, spheres that tell where something occur. An example would be a marker called "primary_trigger", and this is where the projectile will come out.

But I am sure you all know of this already, as is this is basic modding. The problem is, when you export a model from Entity, no nodes or markers are created, which means you would have to reanimate the entire model all over again.

Which brings me to my next topic. Animations. No one IIRC (Except Zteam) has successfully extracted animations from both Halo 2 and Halo 3. I would like to create a application that would, in theory, extract animations in its entirety. However, I would like to know what I should use in order to study the JMAD (Animations) tag, so I would be able to extract it.

In short, I would like to able to extract models with ALL NODES AND MARKERS on the model when extracted, and to be able to successfully extract animations from Halo 2.

Please delete the other thread with the same title, I apparently cannot edit my own posts for some weird reason, so I had to remake this thread. Thank you.

2. TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This site is almost dead. Try other sites that have no activity compared to Se7ensins

As for the issue with Entity, I took over updating Entity as of Version 2.0 and all releases since. Thank you for your explanation of the nodes & markers. I mod a bit, but am more of a programmer, so I must rely on ppl who know about the stuff I don't to help me out.

Does the .OBJ format support nodes & markers or would it all have to be output to a different format?

** Just looked at the output from the elite MODE tag. There is a listing for .X instead of .OBJ and it looks like it has all the nodes listed (although no markers). **