What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Corona V3 NAND dumps don`t match in J-Runner

T

Thingalong

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

I solder on a daily basis, and have 10+ years experience modding consoles. Though I did not have the chance to work on an Xbox 360 before, until now.

I have a Corona V3 with 16MB NAND that I am trying to RGH3.
Installed postfix adapter. Installed both RGH3 wires needed for the exploit to run. Enabled NAND R/W function by bridging appropriate points below J2C3 header.
Soldered probe wires to the model-appropriate points on the motherboard for PicoFlasher to read/write NAND.

Using J-Runner with Extras (v3.3.0) I get the correct console info when I click the ? button.
But when I try to read NAND, it does make both dumps successfully, but the dumps do not match. I also have too many bad blocks according to the program.
I tried reading them several times, and I also tried J-Runner Pro with the same results.

Why do the dumps not match? Why do I have (so many) bad blocks when the console was working flawlessly before opening up? What do I do wrong? I know it tells me I might need a donor NAND, but why? Please enlighten me. I simply have to understand this, can`t take my mind off it.

T

Thingalong

Reaction score
Sin$
It's a soldering issue.
I assume you mean soldering of the probes for the NAND programmer.
While I accept it being a soldering issue, can you tell me how and why is it anyway able to "successfully" dump the NAND? If soldering was bad, wouldn`t the reading process just stop befor it reaches 100%?

I will resolder every probe in the upcoming days.

gehx

gehx

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry I edited my post most likely while you were responding....it could be a problem with the pico. IMO those things are horrible and now good luck finding a geniune one if you're not buying it from an official seller: https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-pico/. Picos are cheap, that's what makes them an ok idea, but they seem to have lot's of problems....if the pico is fine, the issue is 100% soldering.

You didn't dump the nands successully....this is from your post:
"but the dumps do not match."

The goal is to get two matching nand dumps, then you can move on.

T

Thingalong

Reaction score
Sin$
sorry I edited my post most likely while you were responding....it could be a problem with the pico. IMO those things are horrible and now good luck finding a geniune one if you're not buying it from an official seller: https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-pico/. Picos are cheap, that's what makes them an ok idea, but they seem to have lot's of problems....if the pico is fine, the issue is 100% soldering.

You didn't dump the nands successully....this is from your post:
"but the dumps do not match."

The goal is to get two matching nand dumps, then you can move on.
So, your suggestion kinda helped.
Redid soldering on NAND probes, no change. BUT I put some pressure on the pins of the PicoFlasher itself (I am using DuPont cables) and I could suddenly dump the NAND without bad blocks, an the NANDS also match. Did this 2 times just to make sure. Also did an extra backup of the 2 dumps.

Created Xell file and flashed it. Unplugged programmer, and tried to boot the console with the eject button. It chimed, but did not boot. After 3 minutes I pushed Eject again, it chimed and the console started, fan spinning, but no image at all.

Tried to repeat the whole writing and booting process 4 times to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom
Login
Register