What's new

Solved Corona V3/5 Acev3 Install issue; Chip is not glitching, please help

T

t0mbi

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi All,

I am quite new to the RGH world, but have successfully RGH'd 5 Trinity consoles prior. I am now doing my first Corona (v3/v5).
I am using the Ace V3 360 glitch chip.

I have confirmed the post-fix adapter is working as i have put the multi-meter on it.

I have attached photos of my install.

I have tried two different chips, have changed wires, have redone the solder point on the bottom of the board, have used 2 different chips, have used 2 different post-fix adapters also. I have also bridged the point on the chip, and tried another chip without any bridging.

I have successfully dumped the NAND, created and write the ECC back to the console.
On boot, the glitch chips little green light doesn't turn on or off at all. Sometimes, it may be on all the time until i press the soldering iron onto another point of the post-fix adapter.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi All,

I am quite new to the RGH world, but have successfully RGH'd 5 Trinity consoles prior. I am now doing my first Corona (v3/v5).
I am using the Ace V3 360 glitch chip.

I have confirmed the post-fix adapter is working as i have put the multi-meter on it.

I have attached photos of my install.

I have tried two different chips, have changed wires, have redone the solder point on the bottom of the board, have used 2 different chips, have used 2 different post-fix adapters also. I have also bridged the point on the chip, and tried another chip without any bridging.

I have successfully dumped the NAND, created and write the ECC back to the console.
On boot, the glitch chips little green light doesn't turn on or off at all. Sometimes, it may be on all the time until i press the soldering iron onto another point of the post-fix adapter.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Re-do your D Point, come at it from the opposite side.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have redone both D points (one on the chip and one under the board)

Sometimes the glitch chip has a continuous green light, even when the xbox is off.

Still not working

Any ideas

Do you have a log from the ECC you wrote?

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have redone both D points (one on the chip and one under the board)

Sometimes the glitch chip has a continuous green light, even when the xbox is off.

Still not working

Any ideas

Question Is Did You Bridge The 2 Pads To Make E / F Work?

Edit: R2C7/R2C6

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Question Is Did You Bridge The 2 Pads To Make E / F Work?

Edit: R2C7/R2C6
Totally forgot about that, good call.

T t0mbi

3642d76ce6b48d9fc2c6ec823cbd2998.png

T

t0mbi

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i initially forgot about bridging the points but did end up doing it

and here the latest exert from the log:

Glitch2 Selected
CR4 Selected
Checking Console..
Version 10
Flash Config 0x00043000
Corona
CB Version 9188
Trinity
Corona Manually Selected
Version 10
Flash Config 0x00043000
Corona
CB Version 9188
Trinity
Reading Nand to CUsersDaniel - WorkDesktopJ-Runner v02 Beta (283) Core Packoutputnanddump1.bin
Cancelled
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Corona
Nand Initialization Finished
Comparing...
Nands are the same
ECC created
Version 10
Flash Config 0x00043000
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 018 minsec

Everyone, please excuse the excess flux and messy wires in each photo, as i am always changing wires to get this to work. Once i can get the glitch chip to work, it will get cleaned up pronto.

T

t0mbi

Reaction score
Sin$
After some more experimenting, the post-fix adapter ( i have tried 3 now) keeps getting wildly different readings on the multi-meter.

I have tried seating it multiple ways, the pin appears to be going below the CPU and not in the other part. But most readings i get are 100 something, then they always go back to down to 0.0.

Maybe it is something to do with the post-fix adapter placement?

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Two things, first, the green debug led on the x360ace, it will be solid green if the POST wire is not connected, even the console is not turned on.
Which for you and your corona console, this means you have not install the postfix adapter properly.

For Corona motherboard, turn multimeter to the range of 200K, and you shall get a resistor reading between the POST pad and GND on the motherboard, a value of 20~50K according to TWM. Though I got a 13.8K reading. This value should be constant, not changing.

If you don't have a constant similar resistor reading, redo the postfix adapter.
If the chip's green led has solid green no blinking then redo the postfix adapter.

Don't be frustrated, its your first postfix adapter, some practice are needed.
Take it out completely then put back in, just wiggle it doesnt help much.

Second thing, yes the pin are supposed to go under the cpu to touch a cpu pin there.
MS removed the trace from that pin to the motherboard usual point, thats why we use this pin and push that in.

And, disconnect the post wire from the adapter to the glitch chip while measuring the resistance value.

Top Bottom
Login
Register