What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Corona V2 with matrix - can't glitch

M

mariano1985

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi!
I've a problem with my first RGH mod.
My old xbox360 phat is died, so i'm trying to mod a corona V2 (4gb). I've read many tutorials, but it doesn't glitch!

I've realized a fake-SD and I've program the nand (nand-xell function of AutoGG), then i've installed the glitchip. I've installed matrix glitchip (it's the model with oscillator). I've program it with Jprogram v2 with this timing: "corona.4_3.xsvf" (taken from jrunner folder).

The led on the chip blinks and I can hear the typical glitchip noise when the LED turns on, but the consolle doesn't glitch.

I try to open and close the solder bridges on the glitchip, but nothing change...

Can it depends because I've left on the motherboard the wires of fakeSD (i've removed only the bridge that is used to read the nand with the PC).

Please, help me!

Here is some photos of my installation (after these photos i've I welded all the points again to check out, and I've try to reduce the cable length from 20cm to less thank 10cm, but nothing changed)

modchip1.jpg

modchip2.jpg

modchip3.jpg

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
personally i would switch over to something like 15432's project muffin (seeing you already have the chip needed). Its a very easy install and has worked on every corona i ever tried it on. should be plenty of tutorials for it by now, but if you have any questions you can always pm me. dont give up! youll get it running.

RedEyedJesus

RedEyedJesus

✯UK Console Seller/Old Timer/Legend✯
Experienced Veteran Services Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you actually checked the postfix trace to see if it needs a postfix or not? 98% of v2's don't need a postfix but there are some that do.

M

mariano1985

Reaction score
Sin$
My Corona V2 has the postfix trace and the bridges on the capacitors are already on the motherboard.

At first I've try with Muffin style installation and the consolle doesn't glitch (I see that the led on the glitchip, vith the muffin's style file, do many blinks avery time that it try to glitch). If I remember well, I can't ear the typical noise when it try to glitch.

Then I've try classical installation (so I put the cable on D pad of the chip, and I move the cable E on the classical position).

After many attemps, I've cut the wires as short as possible and I put the most slow timings (corona.5_2_en.xsvf) and finally the consolle glitch! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
The boot is little slow (from 8 to 12 cycles before starting) and I see that if I disconnect and reconnect the power cable, at first start it won't boot and I must power off and power on again, than it glitch (it starts after approx 8 cycles)

Did you have any suggestions for improving startup speed?

Thank you!!!

RedEyedJesus

RedEyedJesus

✯UK Console Seller/Old Timer/Legend✯
Experienced Veteran Services Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
My Corona V2 has the postfix trace and the bridges on the capacitors are already on the motherboard.

At first I've try with Muffin style installation and the consolle doesn't glitch (I see that the led on the glitchip, vith the muffin's style file, do many blinks avery time that it try to glitch). If I remember well, I can't ear the typical noise when it try to glitch.

Then I've try classical installation (so I put the cable on D pad of the chip, and I move the cable E on the classical position).

After many attemps, I've cut the wires as short as possible and I put the most slow timings (corona.5_2_en.xsvf) and finally the consolle glitch! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
The boot is little slow (from 8 to 12 cycles before starting) and I see that if I disconnect and reconnect the power cable, at first start it won't boot and I must power off and power on again, than it glitch (it starts after approx 8 cycles)

Did you have any suggestions for improving startup speed?

Thank you!!!

Get an ace v3 and install that, no timing file needed as the default one on it will do.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah pretty much for a corona the last thing you want is regular rgh2 like you have there. Those timing require you to taylor your install around them. you can play with your cpu rst wire(length , route etc.) to try to improve boot times.

Ace v3's are what i've used on 90 percent of coronas i've done. So like mentioned above consider getting a couple. I'm sure with the muffin install their was something simple you missed like, using cr4 to make ecc/image or wrong timing file. Let me know if you decide to try it again. just make sure your image is created with cr4 ticked

M

mariano1985

Reaction score
Sin$
[...] I'm sure with the muffin install their was something simple you missed like, using cr4 to make ecc/image or wrong timing file. Let me know if you decide to try it again. just make sure your image is created with cr4 ticked

I think that tis is my error: I've only put the timing files for muffin on the chip, then I've done all the steps like a standard installation (I've used an italian guide to modify my corona V2 4gb, that is for a standard installation, so I haven't done any step for muffin installation durning the creation of the nand!)

This is my first RGH (before I've modded only my first xbox360, only with firmware on the DVD drive :biggrin:)
When it doesn't glitch, I'll think that the problem was on the nand or in my installation... now I know that the consolle works, so I can try to optimize the boot time without worries :biggrin:
I'll play with the leght and the position of RST cable, and I've ordered also a Ace V5 to test also it (it will took many time to arrive from china).

Thank you very much for all!

Top Bottom
Login
Register