What's new

Solved Corona V2 4GB CR4 Muffin Install using Matrix Glitcher can't boot Xell

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Having problem with a Corona V2 4GB CR4 Muffion installation, wondering what could be the problem?
It seems the board is doing the glitching (the glitch sound and short/long pattern), but tried all the timing files under Corona/192/48, 1-1 to 4-2, it just won't boot xell at all.

The NAND info

The chip

DB2G3

E pad
on the glitch board has good continuity with the DB2G3 alternative point on the bottom side;

B POST point:

If I disconnect the B POST on the chip, the debug led will always be on, it won't glitch at all so I guess the post is good.

A RST point

R4P4
Also tried the alternative RST point FT3T10

A RST pad on the glitch board has good continuity to C5R11/R4P4/FT3T10
Tried wires from R4P4 and FT3T10, no difference.

Have written the ECC image three times, no difference.
If the CR4 option has not been selected while creating the ECC image, then there will be no glitch sound, only short/long pattern.

So I wonder what could be the problem?

Also one possible problem would be, if I disconnected the wire from E pad to the DB2G3, the glitch sound and pattern does not change.
It's like the DB2G3 soldering is problem or this point is not working.
Have already tried to re-solder this point, no difference. Also E pad on the glitch board does have good continuity to the DB2G3 alternative point on the bottom.

Last edited:
R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems the green LED on the RF module should blinking not solid?
(I get this idea from a video I watched, but that is a Trinity CR4 Muffin with Matrix Glitcher not Corona).

N

Newsk

Getting There
Reaction score
Pretty much the file 3-1 is the file u want to use . (Atleast has been for me ). Have u tried messing with the bridge jumpers on the matrix ? Like phat vs. Slim ? That seems to help on some consoles .
Definitely need to create ecc with cr4 ticked for this mod, or it won't work.

Have u removed the heat sync and verified post traces ? I know u said soldering b changes the behavior but I woukd definitely check anyways .

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Newsk,
Yes have tried 3-1 file many times with different alternative points, never got xell.

Haven't tried testing the bridge jumper on the board, will give that a go.
I did test all the alternative points on the board itself even E pad back to the chip pin, seems to be ok (did this test because soldering DB2G3 or not doesn't make a difference).

It's Corona V2 mostly it will have the post trace there, also by sneak peek from the side.
But I know there's rare chances the trace has been removed even on V2.
If I don't solder the POST B, the chip won't even have short/long pattern.
The debug led will always be on and no glitching.
I'll take the heat sink out to verify anyway.

Last edited:
R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've tried the bridge jumper on the board,
Either slim mode jumper. phat mode jumper or no jumper makes no difference.

Have taken the heatsink off and the trace is there.
The obvious problem is if I disconnected the wire from E pad to the DB2G3, the glitch sound and pattern does not change at all.
Either the motherboard has some problem somewhere so the chip does not go as far as needing the DB2G3 signal (slim/phat/no jumper has no difference).
Or maybe the board is bad, will try another matrix glitcher but that might take a week or longer to get one.

N

Newsk

Getting There
Reaction score
Might want to get an ace v3 they are excellent On Coronas with srgh timings.

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might want to get an ace v3 they are excellent On Coronas with srgh timings.
Yep, however I want to know if the problem is this motherboard or the Matrix Glitcher.
I might get both if I can

N

Newsk

Getting There
Reaction score
To test if mother board is still ok just reflash stock nand and depower matrix

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wrong timing files.

If you had bad wiring you would get red lights or glichip don't blink.

Slims boot take some time to boot.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

29:50
solder both fat/slim configuration pads on both top and bottom you only did top one

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

29:50
solder both fat/slim configuration pads on both top and bottom you only did top one
This video is using E/F points that SCL/SDL so I believe that is RGH2 not CR4 Muffin.
Any way I tried to do the jumper bridge as in the video which does not make a difference to the debug led pattern.

It is one short, then two rapid short, one long along with glitch sound.

This loops regardless of the jumper bridge and DB2G3 connection.
So there's problem happening before the jumper bridge or the DB2G3 matters to the glitch board.

wrong timing files.

If you had bad wiring you would get red lights or glichip don't blink.

Slims boot take some time to boot.
Tried all timing files each timing file tested more than 5 times, each time waited more than 1 minutes.
The blinking pattern never changed regardless of the timing file.
No red lights.
I did this installation by following weekendmodder's Corona CR4 Muffin video.

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
post a pic of the points, to the right of j2c1, are r2c7 and r2c6 bridged, or have resistors on them?

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do have resistors. And this is V2. Also the post trace are there.

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would solder db2g3 to the top again, and move the chip to the position that the weekend modder uses. Use timing file 3-1, I would let it on and see if it glitches at all, 3 minutes max.

I would solder db2g3 to the top again, and move the chip to the position that the weekend modder uses. Use timing file 3-1, I would let it on and see if it glitches at all, 3 minutes max.
Sorry for double post, ensure cr4 box was ticked when ecc was written?

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are all right.
Yes am using the top side DB2G3.
Also have moved the chip to the exact location as weekmod since it's not booting.
Currently am using 3-1.

Yes CR4 ticked for ECC, otherwise there's no glitch sound while the debug led is in long.

A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not booting I assume?

If not, maybe the chip you have is borked, try removing all wires except for nand headers, rewrite your stock nand ,and boot your stock nand. If it boots fine,then you know.

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not booting I assume?

If not, maybe the chip you have is borked, try removing all wires except for nand headers, rewrite your stock nand ,and boot your stock nand. If it boots fine,then you know.
Yep still not booting.
Have tried to de-power the glitch chip and restore the original nand and it boots dash fine.
So it will be either my soldering work or the chip is bad.

Since I have tried to re-solder many times, tried alternative points as well as using alternative points to do continuity test, watch its behavior for disconnecting particular wires, it's more likely the chip is bad, like the CPLD chip's mounting, or the on board crystal.
Might need to get an oscilloscope to watch what happening.

N

Newsk

Getting There
Reaction score
Did u order the ace ? Some consoles work better with certain chips . And btw removing db2g3 won't change the pulses. That's normal .

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Ace V3 on the way.

And by the way, I changed the install type to be RGH2 instead of CR4 Muffin, and it worked. Though the boot time is not as good as Muffin.
So this would say at least the on board crystal is working fine, and maybe the whole glitch board as well as the motherboard.

It's just the CR4 Muffin is not suited for Matrix Glitcher with this motherboard.

Last edited:
A

AWTalklol

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Ace V3 on the way.

And by the way, I changed the install type to be RGH2 instead of CR4 Muffin, and it worked. Though the boot time is not as good as Muffin.
So this would say at least the on board crystal is working fine, and maybe the whole glitch board as well as the motherboard.

It's just the CR4 Muffin is not suited for Matrix Glitcher with this motherboard.
Good find, will remember when trying muffin on a v3 tonight. I have postfix installed already, was just waiting on chips in mail with 48 crystal on board, so if muffin does not work ,roll with usual jrunner timing file and use rgh 2 install with e and f points?

Top Bottom