What's new

Solved Corona V1 Semi Red Dot

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not often I ask for help as I normally try and figure things out by myeself, but this has got me stumped.

I was going to rewire an LED strip in a Corona V1 (Star Wars if it makes a difference), it was already RGHd. After I had, I booted up, red dot. I then desoldered the chip and wrote back to stock, red dot. Error code 0002.

What seems to fix it is when the red dot appears, unplug the power and blow into where the power brick plugs in. Obviously, this is quit inefficient considering I want to sell the console as an RGH soon.

If anyone has a solution please enlighten me, I'm getting quite frustrated with it!

Last edited:
Byrom

Byrom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Unlikely to be this but 1 of my slims a couple years back had an issue with an intermittent red dot. Wouldn't always happens but it completely stopped when i switched out the power brick for a phat one with an adapter. Tested by using the same slim brick on another console which ended up with the same issue. Worth trying if you haven't already

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
Unlikely to be this but 1 of my slims a couple years back had an issue with an intermittent red dot. Wouldn't always happens but it completely stopped when i switched out the power brick for a phat one with an adapter. Tested by using the same slim brick on another console which ended up with the same issue. Worth trying if you haven't already
I'm using a phat one with an adapter and have used a slim one too.
Can You Post Pictures Of Every Place You Soldered To.
I'm 100% sure it isn't my soldering as I have removed everything and have done consoles before. It's only temporary you see, if it was happening all the time I would post pictures but seeing as blowing in the power slot fixes it, I doubt that's the issue,

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not often I ask for help as I normally try and figure things out by myeself, but this has got me stumped.

I was going to rewire an LED strip in a Corona V1 (Star Wars if it makes a difference), it was already RGHd. After I had, I booted up, red dot. I then desoldered the chip and wrote back to stock, red dot. Error code 0002.

What seems to fix it is when the red dot appears, unplug the power and blow into where the power brick plugs in. Obviously, this is quit inefficient considering I want to sell the console as an RGH soon.

If anyone has a solution please enlighten me, I'm getting quite frustrated with it!
Blowing in the power slot. Like its a Nintendo cartridge lol. May sound like a dumb question but have you given it a thorough cleaning?

Sounds like a contact is barely transfering power because its (clogged) with dust or something.

If you're sure that isn't the issue i would put a volt tester to your power brick and make sure everything is coming through correctly.

Just a question does blowing in it fix it everytime or is it hit and miss?

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
Blowing in the power slot. Like its a Nintendo cartridge lol. May sound like a dumb question but have you given it a thorough cleaning?

Sounds like a contact is barely transfering power because its (clogged) with dust or something.

If you're sure that isn't the issue i would put a volt tester to your power brick and make sure everything is coming through correctly.

Just a question does blowing in it fix it everytime or is it hit and miss?
The Nintendo cartridge came to mind lol.

I haven't got a volt tester but that's what I thought. A bit of dirt or something stuck in the slot.

Blowing in it fixes it every time but it isn't a short blow, it's a few long and hard ones to make sure it is fixed.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah that sounds like dirt or corrosion (if corrosion then bigger issue with the block) I'd try cleaning to best of ability even if it looks clean. I doubt you need to reball your flux as your not blowing on the processor.

Only other thing i could think of is a bead of soilder fell and is crossing a circuit somewhere but then blowing on it wouldn't make a fix.

You may be able to borrow a volt tester from a car part store (many have tool rental) if just wanted to get one for the purpose but it's unlikely that both supplies are having same low voltage issue
The Nintendo cartridge came to mind lol.

I haven't got a volt tester but that's what I thought. A bit of dirt or something stuck in the slot.

Blowing in it fixes it every time but it isn't a short blow, it's a few long and hard ones to make sure it is fixed.

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah that sounds like dirt or corrosion (if corrosion then bigger issue with the block) I'd try cleaning to best of ability even if it looks clean. I doubt you need to reball your flux as your not blowing on the processor.

Only other thing i could think of is a bead of soilder fell and is crossing a circuit somewhere but then blowing on it wouldn't make a fix.

You may be able to borrow a volt tester from a car part store (many have tool rental) if just wanted to get one for the purpose but it's unlikely that both supplies are having same low voltage issue
How should I go about cleaning it?
Would a bit of rubbing alcohol suffice?

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
How should I go about cleaning it?
Would a bit of rubbing alcohol suffice?
Long as get it all off before plugin back in should be fine. If using qutips may need pair of tweezers to get the fuzzies back out.

I have been known to scrap off harder gunk with say a flat heat or duller knife but you risk cutting into your contact point or scratching it all up so probably best to not be like me.

BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

you can say that about it not needing a reball but surely he's moving the console when he's blowing the port so it is a possibility

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
you can say that about it not needing a reball but surely he's moving the console when he's blowing the port so it is a possibility
Blowing into the console has to move the entire console? Lol

There are a variety of red ring issues with a variety of fixes. Just reballing should be the last thing you think of as it will be the hardest fix.

BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Blowing into the console has to move the entire console? Lol

There are a variety of red ring issues with a variety of fixes. Just reballing should be the last thing you think of as it will be the hardest fix.
he has to remove the power supply from the port and could also be turning the console round so he's able to blow into the port

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
Every little jostle on your console then need to reball your flux? Most the time when you do have to do a reball it's only because shotty workmanship in the first place. Why its a problem primarily on modded consoles retails fixed their issues long time ago.
he has to remove the power supply from the port and could also be turning the console round so he's able to blow into the port

BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Every little jostle on your console then need to reball your flux? Most the time when you do have to do a reball it's only because shotty workmanship in the first place. Why its a problem primarily on modded consoles retails fixed their issues long time ago.
all im saying is that its a possibility. 0002 is known to be bad solder joint underneath cpu.

reball flux? you mean reball cpu. shotty workmanship? not necessarily.

Top Bottom
Login
Register