What's new

Unsolved Corona v1 Ace V5 - can't boot to Xell

K

Koniko

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I've tried to RGH my old Xbox 360 that's only collecting dust since few years now - I've grabbed myself Ace V3 but quickly swapped it out for V5 before installation.

What I did:
- Soldered Matrix just like any other NAND reader
- Soldered ACE v5 according to pins layout provided by producent (Although during dump and flash the voltage pin cable was not attached)
- Read successfully NAND twice
- Generated ECC suitable for my dump
- Flashed it over.. though with errors

I've got bad block in sector B which is in one of 50 first blocks required to boot into xell successfully. I did read about remapping - tried both automated unmapping by AutoGG / J-Runner and flashing it with NandPro as well as manual remap with offsets calculation myself.
Both times NandPro returns me an error writting the block B - After flashing the ECC console doesn't but it's in vegetable state where green LED's on as well as fans on full throttle and there's absolutely no signal from AV / HDMI and it's also not connecting to LAN.

Now I'm not sure wether it's an issue with that particular bad sector or am I doing something wrong. Reflashing back to stock and desoldering all cables that could cause potential issues with console causes console to boot up back casually.

I'm pretty confident about my soldering techniques as well as pins layout and I've got no doubt it's fine.

N

nbaj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those V5's are junk. Go with the V3
You will need to post pics of soldering. This section is getting old as you can see all the red "unvolved" topics. It's like team x now where nobody will help unless you post pics

M

MattMcki95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could always just start from scratch and rebuild new nand

K

Koniko

Reaction score
Those V5's are junk. Go with the V3
You will need to post pics of soldering. This section is getting old as you can see all the red "unvolved" topics. It's like team x now where nobody will help unless you post pics

I will swap back to V3 it's not an issue but is that true it's preprogrammed with Corona timing files? I don't wanna spend any more time and money on reprogramming the chip too if so I would just rather buy already modded console or One.

Could always just start from scratch and rebuild new nand
I highly doubt that will fix my issue with booting into Xell. AFAIK it's an issue with physical NAND chip not the image - I can always revert back to stock and there's no issue. It's either issue with mapping or misunderstanding in process of making of RGH.

Top Bottom