What's new

Unsolved Corona postfix adapter resistance issues

M

mooos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out whether or not I have installed the postfix adapter on my Corona V4 correctly. I have read that when measured with a multimeter set to 200K ohms, the resistance across the post point and the AV shield should be between 30-50. I have tried two postfix boards, and get values of about 100 with both boards. My question is: does this matter, and if it does why would I be getting this value?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
R

Risking Perfect

Xbox 360 Tech Support
Staff
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out whether or not I have installed the postfix adapter on my Corona V4 correctly. I have read that when measured with a multimeter set to 200K ohms, the resistance across the post point and the AV shield should be between 30-50. I have tried two postfix boards, and get values of about 100 with both boards. My question is: does this matter, and if it does why would I be getting this value?
Thanks for your help.

I used to think the same thing, the most important part is that you have a connection. If you get a reading from the point to ground, it should be fine. The main thing on the weird readings is because of them all being cheap knock offs and motherboards can act differently between them.

TLDR: If you get a reading, you did it right and are fine.

M

mooos

Reaction score
I used to think the same thing, the most important part is that you have a connection. If you get a reading from the point to ground, it should be fine. The main thing on the weird readings is because of them all being cheap knock offs and motherboards can act differently between them.

TLDR: If you get a reading, you did it right and are fine.
Awesome thanks for your help, I wasn't sure whether to proceed or not.

R

RedEyedJesus

✯UK Console Seller/Old Timer/Legend✯
Reaction score
Think your over thinking things. After installing a postfix why would you be messing about with a multi-meter rather than just seeing if the console boots or not?

Top Bottom