What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Corona 4GB - Only hear boot chime at power on, nothing works

S

Seroczynski

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I'm trying to RGH my Corona V2 4GB system. Had some trouble with PicoFlasher so decided to make my own SDTool as written down in another thread on this forum ("DIY SD-tool for Corona 4 GB"). I had some trouble writing because I forgot that little slider on the side of the SD card, but eventually everything went through. In summary:
  • Soldered RGH wires with 1K Ohm resistor in place
  • Soldered SD Tool wires
  • Soldered clock capacitor wire to enable read/write access to NAND
  • Used J-Runner Pro to Read NAND
  • Used J-Runner Pro to Create ECC
  • Used J-Runner Pro to Write ECC
Then I disconnect my clock capacitor wire (on one end), plug in HDMI, ethernet and power, connect the front panel ribbon cable and press power. I hear the Xbox Slim boot chime and then nothing. No LED's, no CPU fan spinning, nothing. I can keep pressing the power and eject buttons and I can hear a sound each time, but nothing actually happens.

I tried disconnecting the RGH cables (on one end) but that made no difference. Did I brick this somehow? I wouldn't understand how that would be possible. Nothing else is connected to the Xbox when I try to boot it, except for the front panel, the CPU fan and the SD Tool cables soldered to the board.

hvw4j10.png

10d6dGe.png

Yz7uzqv.png

PB64ksD.png

Last edited:
S

Seroczynski

Reaction score
Sin$
I've reflashed retail nand and removed all my wires, the console now boots again. I suspect I might have had a short in the POST1 wire.

Problem solved. I had to desolder the SD Tool if I want the console to boot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register