• Thread starter razlex
  • Start date
  • Views 1,621
razlex

razlex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So.... i've been reading these forums like 10 hours a day for the past few days while i set up my new jtag. Thanks to all the great info here, i got it all up and running perfectly. So first off, thank you so much to this entire community.

now.... perhaps i'm not searching the right thing, but i cant seem to find any info on this one last issue i'm faced with. my old xbox was flashed with ixtreme 1.6, so i have about 80 burned games i used on that system. That system is no more. So now i have a jtaged console that does not have a flashed dvd. So the question is.... What is the best way to transfer those burned discs to my external HDD in order to load them through freestyle?? is flashing the dvd drive in my jtag gonna be the simplest/quickest way to get all the games over? or is there some application i'm missing that does what i'm trying to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A

alex2207

Reaction score
Sin$
There is one method that i used because I dont have a dvd drive. If you download xbox backup creator. (a tool designed to download the iso of a retail game with a kreon drive) you can dump the iso to your comp, and store on an external harddrive

razlex

razlex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just an update for anyone interested....

Although i did end up flashing my box with LT1.1, i found that copy dvd's with either xexmenu or freestyle took WAY TO LONG.....

So... what i did was remove my HDD from its enclosure and install it internally in one of my computers.
Then with Xbox Backup Creator, you go to image browser, then open the dvd drive. then right click on the dvd drive itself in the file tree that loads and click extract. Select the Games folder on the HDD folder, and your away.... i found this to be considerably quicker than using xexmenu or FSD to copy the games.

now i doubt this would work for retail discs, because i believe you need a specific drive to read those discs.... that being said, i haven't tested it.

Anyhow, i hope this helps someone else who finds themselves in the same situation as me!

M

mganddrea

Reaction score
Sin$
Easier way is to goto normal dashboard then "my xbox" put game in drive and let it spin until the title and game picture is displayed.
Then press yellow, choose copy to hard drive and run nxe2god to save you haveing to put the disc in to play it.
works for both original games and copied games (as long as drive is flashed)
No need for xexmenu. all can be done on original dashboard

Top Bottom
Login
Register