What's new

Solved Converting to Mac OS X Leopard.

T

tmocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently purchased my first Mac, and I find Leopard way more convenient than any other (Windows) OS I've ever used. I am planning on also putting Leopard on my desktop, but I'm just wondering how things would work out concerning the drivers and so on.

I'm pretty sure the OS would run since Leopard is also Intel based (and I have a Q6600) but would there be any trouble finding my other drivers? Also, can pirated copies of Leopard receive updates?

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
Krafty

Krafty

It was me the whole time!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
OSx86 Project | InsanelyMac

Also, I've always use Mac, welcome to our side. Lets just say, there is a 95% chance that PC users will come in here and tramp there PC flags, and in almost every Mac thread to be made. Just giving you a heads up.

T

tmocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ehhh. My motherboard/cpu would seem to manage Leopard just fine, but I'm not sure about my 8600GTS.. Says it works, but there are specific installation instructions;
Code:
Install in order, and clear kextcache / repair permissions after each step:
Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 -> NVInstaller v.41 -> Erase and change Device IDs (GeForce.kext, NVDANV##Hal.kext, NVDAResman.ext, NVinject.kext) to "040010de".
Can't make any sense out of that though. Is any of this illegal or can I drop by a Mac store and ask some Mac geniuses? =P

T

tmocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah okay, well I see now that my internet adapter works out of the box.

Just to clear things up, I could just download a regular intel-based Leopard and then install it (I've checked most hardware compatibility)? I got some Leopard CDs when I purchased my Macbook, could I also use those seeing how there are no license keys? o_O

Z

Zarcu

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
l Krafty l said:
No. If the hardware isn't made by Apple, it's illegal. People say a lot of things.
Mac Forums - Mac News and Rumor Discussion
They know what they're talking about. If you don't believe, convince them otherwise.
I just put it on my PC recently. I don't worry about the legality so much, if I wish I could afford a Mac but I cannot. I suppose people just say its legal and give you a reason so they/you have an excuse to do it.

Z

Zarcu

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
tmocky said:
Ah okay, well I see now that my internet adapter works out of the box.

Just to clear things up, I could just download a regular intel-based Leopard and then install it (I've checked most hardware compatibility)? I got some Leopard CDs when I purchased my Macbook, could I also use those seeing how there are no license keys? o_O
You need to patch the dvd and much more to get it to run. I suggest downloading an .iso of one already prepatched cause it'll save you lots of work.

T

tmocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm okay. Thanks for the info guys! :biggrin: I hope to get Leopard working on my desktop (shouldn't be too much trouble), but I have little hope for my other AMD-cored laptop. :frown:

Z

Zarcu

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
tmocky said:
Hmm okay. Thanks for the info guys! :biggrin: I hope to get Leopard working on my desktop (shouldn't be too much trouble), but I have little hope for my other AMD-cored laptop. :frown:
You might be able to get it to work for your laptop but it won't be nearly as good as your desktop.

Top Bottom
Login
Register