What's new

Solved Controllers won't connect to 360???

• Thread starter IronFalcon92
  • Start date
  • Views 647
IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Fabled Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone here know why my friend's 360 controllers (wired and wireless) aren't connecting to his 360???

It won't sync the controller or just connect through the wired controller.

SO my question is: How do I fix it for him?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The 360's RF Board is malfunctioning. You will need to replace it. In case you don't know what the rf board is its the one outside the metal casing that has the ring of light.

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xiiTzPeDr0x said:
I'm a newb with a 360, sorry LOL.. But has he/can he like re-format/system restore his 360?

That won't help.

gcnd0001 said:
Have you tried the little sync button an the back of the controller and on the front of the 360?

Yes, I'm not retarded lol.

EclipseModz said:
The 360's RF Board is malfunctioning. You will need to replace it. In case you don't know what the rf board is its the one outside the metal casing that has the ring of light.

I thought it was the rf module, but to replace it..is it an easy faceplate removal or would I have to break into the case???

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Son of a *****. I didn't want to do that. Any idea how much it costs from Microsoft to get it fixed. Because he doesn't have a warranty.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
$99 from ms. Or I have a ring of light board that i can sale you. Has orange lights. But one of them doesn't work.

I

iPaulll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude, the best thing to do, when any of my stuff from microsoft is broken, I buy a new one from Walmart or whatever retailer, swap the item out, and get your money back. I've done it numerous times for my wireless headsets that continue to break and also with one controller.

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iPaulll said:
Dude, the best thing to do, when any of my stuff from microsoft is broken, I buy a new one from Walmart or whatever retailer, swap the item out, and get your money back. I've done it numerous times for my wireless headsets that continue to break and also with one controller.

You have to swap the serial numbers on the consoles.
Regarding your syncing question. Are all of the cords plugged in all the way? Mine dosnt sync if the AV cable is unplugged

Top Bottom
Login
Register