• Thread starter Rokas Raulinaitis
  • Start date
  • Views 1,345
Rokas Raulinaitis

Rokas Raulinaitis

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey! :smile:

I have a little problem.. I was replacing my right joystick for my xbox 360 controller and one of solder pads of potentiometer (ground to be exact, as i found schematics that it is ground). I tried to wire it to near ground connection, but that didn't helped... my Y axis is not moving (Up and Down).

Can I how could I fix my controller in this case?

Here how my solder pad looks like (that wire coming from it was attempt to reconnect it to solder trace)

2ptlRaY.jpg

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey! :smile:

I have a little problem.. I was replacing my right joystick for my xbox 360 controller and one of solder pads of potentiometer (ground to be exact, as i found schematics that it is ground). I tried to wire it to near ground connection, but that didn't helped... my Y axis is not moving (Up and Down).

Can I how could I fix my controller in this case?

Here how my solder pad looks like (that wire coming from it was attempt to reconnect it to solder trace)

2ptlRaY.jpg
Clean it up first, but it looks as if you have lifted quite a few pads. Probably time for a new controller.

Rokas Raulinaitis

Rokas Raulinaitis

Reaction score
Sin$
Clean it up first, but it looks as if you have lifted quite a few pads. Probably time for a new controller.

Actually, I lifted 2, but that one is just anchor point so it doesn't matter as much and I lifted it a year ago. That didin't couse any problems

EDIT:
Here is cleaned up controller. I don't think so, that is unfixable, 'couse It's only one contact, maybe there is any contact that i could solder to and keep it alive.

VP3kZqA.jpg

Other idea is that my joystick is dead, but it's brand new... And it's works flawlessly in X axis

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register