• Thread starter Halo Warz Noob
  • Start date
  • Views 1,125
H

Halo Warz Noob

Reaction score
Sin$
My friend has the new maps.
I can't afford them so i was looking into Transferring the content license.

If i transfer the license will he still be able to use the maps online and offline?
or what is the sacrafice?

iRanbirHD

iRanbirHD

Gaming PC?!
Programmer Frame In Gold Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you license transfer. Your friend will still able to play map packs. And you will able to play it as well.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
My friend has the new maps.
I can't afford them so i was looking into Transferring the content license.

If i transfer the license will he still be able to use the maps online and offline?
or what is the sacrafice?
If you transfer the license from your friend's account to your account, your friend will not be able to play the maps. An account needs a license for the specific item that you downloaded from the marketplace in order to access it. For example, when I wanted to play Castle Crashers, I had to use a friend's old account to download it from the Download History, then use his account to access the game because it had a license on it. If I transferred the license from his account to mine, he wouldn't be able to play Castle Crashers.

If you license transfer. Your friend will still able to play map packs. And you will able to play it as well.
No, you need the specific license on your account in order to access the specific item you downloaded. If you could do what you said, then pirating games and DLC would be a lot easier.

Brando 7s

Brando 7s

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you transfer the license from your friend's account to your account, your friend will not be able to play the maps. An account needs a license for the specific item that you downloaded from the marketplace in order to access it. For example, when I wanted to play Castle Crashers, I had to use a friend's old account to download it from the Download History, then use his account to access the game because it had a license on it. If I transferred the license from his account to mine, he wouldn't be able to play Castle Crashers.

No, you need the specific license on your account in order to access the specific item you downloaded. If you could do what you said, then pirating games and DLC would be a lot easier.
I'm sorry but I license transfered to my friends xbox by signing in to my account on his xbox after I did the console license transfer online, and clicked download again, downloaded my paid content to his console, then I signed in on my xbox live account and got on CoD4 (one of the things that I license transferred to him) to see if it works for me, then he got on his account and got on CoD4 and it also worked like a charm, and we both played in the same party and played CoD4 for about an hour. We also tested Toy Soldiers, Trials HD, mw2 DLC (both), gta4+TBoGT and Trials HD DLC.

Not trying to say your wrong but this is what I did and it still works to this day.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sorry but I license transfered to my friends xbox by signing in to my account on his xbox after I did the console license transfer online, and clicked download again, downloaded my paid content to his console, then I signed in on my xbox live account and got on CoD4 (one of the things that I license transferred to him) to see if it works for me, then he got on his account and got on CoD4 and it also worked like a charm, and we both played in the same party and played CoD4 for about an hour. We also tested Toy Soldiers, Trials HD, mw2 DLC (both), gta4+TBoGT and Trials HD DLC.

Not trying to say your wrong but this is what I did and it still works to this day.
That's odd. I've never been able to do that. Licenses usually can't be shared; maybe you found a glitch?

Brando 7s

Brando 7s

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That's odd. I've never been able to do that. Licenses usually can't be shared; maybe you found a glitch?
If I did that's cool xD...btw I did it around 3 months ago so not that long ago.

But idk about the glitch part, my friend told me about license transferring and said he's done the same as me with identical results

H

Halo Warz Noob

Reaction score
Sin$
Friend on xbox had done it with someone else for the new maps on BO. He and his friend play online on the zombies

Devud

Devud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Black Ops is different, it only works on the FIRST xbox you downloaded it for all the profiles on that xbox and to play it on other consoles you have to be on the original account which was used to purchase the map packs.

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
license transfer works you just have to set it up right on xbox .com i did it with the first map pack and the classic zombies pack we both can play the maps on various accounts on 2 different xboxes.
just search license transfer on xbox.com and there are steps you need to follow

C

ChrisF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You are so dumb!!!!!!!!!

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
After the initial license migration, your friend would have to remain signed into Xbox LIVE at ALL times, if he wishes to access all of his purchased content.

If he ever signs offline, he will not be able to access any DLC.

H

Halo Warz Noob

Reaction score
Sin$
After the initial license migration, your friend would have to remain signed into Xbox LIVE at ALL times, if he wishes to access all of his purchased content.

If he ever signs offline, he will not be able to access any DLC.

can you explain to me how my friends have done it then? they both log off multiple times a day but yet they both play the new zombies?

Top Bottom
Login
Register