Solved console got banned

• Thread starter coolsprus
  • Start date
  • Views 980
C

coolsprus

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there anyway that i could get it un-banned, and if not cant i just call microsoft and tell them that i bought a third party console that was console banned and they will just replace it?

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
coolsprus said:
Is there anyway that i could get it un-banned, and if not cant i just call microsoft and tell them that i bought a third party console that was console banned and they will just replace it?

where did you buy it?
if you got it from ebay i dont think so....sorry

C

coolsprus

Reaction score
Sin$
So what do you guys think is the best course of action? should i trade it in to gamestop somehow or try to sell it on graigslist?

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
coolsprus said:
So what do you guys think is the best course of action? should i trade it in to gamestop somehow or try to sell it on graigslist?

gamestop will give you $70 for it and $10 for a 20g harddive...kinda bad

J

JFrAnGi1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
couldnt you just like force rrod, than gut swap it with a new xbox? im assuming this would work as long as you blow dry off the serial sticker and swap them as well. not positive if you would even have to swap the serial number as i haven't opened my xbox before.

C

coolsprus

Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by serial sticker? do you mean the one that you have to remove in order to open the xbox or the one on the back that actually shows the sticker?

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
dont worry about the serial, most people a walmart just dont care. i would go there right before they close when they just want to go home.

W

WHYYOULAGGINFOR

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea i got on just now to learn my console had been banned, I was none too happy i have another working one and i just bought a RROD one, any tips to get it beyond repair so they will be forced to send me a new one?

Also all of my gamertags reset to zero

P

Perpalicious

Reaction score
Sin$
If your out of the 3-year RROD warranty, just re-register it under another name, since that renews the RROD warranty. And if you're console banned, just force RROD and ship it in. I have never heard of a do not fix list. It would be a hard job to go look up serial numbers of every Xbox that comes in, especially since it's probably a lot. So, my assumption is, there is no such thing. Most people get a console in a couple of days. I got mine on Wednesday and I shipped it out Friday.

When you get your new console, you can always re-mod the DVD drive.

W

WHYYOULAGGINFOR

Reaction score
Sin$
would putting Scotch tape over like every whole of the box and just playing it work?

*hole

this xbox is a trooper I've been toweling it all day

G

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WHYYOULAGGINFOR said:
would putting Scotch tape over like every whole of the box and just playing it work?

*hole

this xbox is a trooper I've been toweling it all day

So you are trying to get rrod so they will send you a refurb one?

W

WHYYOULAGGINFOR

Reaction score
Sin$
Yep my arcade console was banned yesterday so I'm trying to force RROD to the point they just send me a new one :cursing: I taped up the holes on it and wrapped two towels around it has been about 10 hours now and still no RROD, if it doesnt work soon i'll just pop off the RAM chip.

this one isn't flashed or anything either they banned it for a couple of soft mods my friends have worse on theirs and they haven't been banned

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
coolsprus said:
That could work, but i thought you get on the "do not fix" list when you get console banned

My friend sent his in when it was banned. But they might update the blacklist every week or something, otherwise just use someone else's serial xD, they will probably say they have lost it and send you a knew one.

Top Bottom
Login
Register