Solved Console banned.

• Thread starter BoostedGT
  • Start date
  • Views 594
B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Sin$
So my gfs ps3 got console banned for gta5. But if I log into her acc on my ps3 It works fine. So I was wondering if I could put her hdd in my spare ps3 that I took the hdd out for my laptop if she would be able to play gta 5 online on that til the 2 week ban is up.

FGE
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
2 weeks? you said she was console banned? tell her just to wait the 2 weeks she will be fine

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It should work fine. The console ban is usually banned by the serial numbers of the console. So moving the HDD to a new console might work fine.

Upvote 0
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
It should work fine. The console ban is usually banned by the serial numbers of the console. So moving the HDD to a new console might work fine.
Not sure if PS3 does this, but I know on Xbox, when you switch the internal Hard Drive with another one, it won't work unless you format it.

Upvote 0
B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah. I have to back up her game saves and just format it on the other ps3. Like I said. I can log on her name and get on gta just fine on my ps. And if I log on mine on hers I can't. Lol

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if she is console banned for 2 weeks then give it a shot. If she is console banned and account banned for 2 weeks then moving the HDD won't do anything.

Upvote 0
B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Sin$
Nah. Not account banned. She can still get online and play cod and get on netflix and whatnot. Just can't get on gta:o 
Thanks for the input guys. We got some running around to do. I'll post back if it works. Hopefully it will help others if they got a spare ps3 laying around with no/broken hdd. Haha

Upvote 0
Sin

Sin

Go to hell
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah. Not account banned. She can still get online and play cod and get on netflix and whatnot. Just can't get on gta:o 
Thanks for the input guys. We got some running around to do. I'll post back if it works. Hopefully it will help others if they got a spare ps3 laying around with no/broken hdd. Haha
Yea, just swap the HDD to the other console till the ban is up. You'll have to format it both ways though.

Upvote 0
B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Sin$
worked like a charm, for future reference for anyone. guess thats what i get for having one of her spare accs modded, lol

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register