What's new

Solved Console banned.

• Thread starter BoostedGT
  • Start date
  • Views 440
B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
So my gfs ps3 got console banned for gta5. But if I log into her acc on my ps3 It works fine. So I was wondering if I could put her hdd in my spare ps3 that I took the hdd out for my laptop if she would be able to play gta 5 online on that til the 2 week ban is up.

FGE
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Reaction score
2 weeks? you said she was console banned? tell her just to wait the 2 weeks she will be fine

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
It should work fine. The console ban is usually banned by the serial numbers of the console. So moving the HDD to a new console might work fine.

B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Just console banned for gta5.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
It should work fine. The console ban is usually banned by the serial numbers of the console. So moving the HDD to a new console might work fine.
Not sure if PS3 does this, but I know on Xbox, when you switch the internal Hard Drive with another one, it won't work unless you format it.

B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Yeah. I have to back up her game saves and just format it on the other ps3. Like I said. I can log on her name and get on gta just fine on my ps. And if I log on mine on hers I can't. Lol

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Well if she is console banned for 2 weeks then give it a shot. If she is console banned and account banned for 2 weeks then moving the HDD won't do anything.

B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Nah. Not account banned. She can still get online and play cod and get on netflix and whatnot. Just can't get on gta:o 
Thanks for the input guys. We got some running around to do. I'll post back if it works. Hopefully it will help others if they got a spare ps3 laying around with no/broken hdd. Haha

Sin

Sin

Go to hell
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied Programmer
Reaction score
Nah. Not account banned. She can still get online and play cod and get on netflix and whatnot. Just can't get on gta:o 
Thanks for the input guys. We got some running around to do. I'll post back if it works. Hopefully it will help others if they got a spare ps3 laying around with no/broken hdd. Haha
Yea, just swap the HDD to the other console till the ban is up. You'll have to format it both ways though.

B

BoostedGT

Reaction score
worked like a charm, for future reference for anyone. guess thats what i get for having one of her spare accs modded, lol

Top Bottom