Solved Console banned question.

• Thread starter Marvelous
  • Start date
  • Views 577
M

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Reaction score
I Have recently been console banned and i think if i buy another console i will be banned again. I Have already changed my IP address, but this also happened to one of my friends. He bought a new xbox and changed his IP and Made a new Profile and got Banned again 3 days later. How could they have tracked him down like that. Is there a way for xbox to get the Serial number on my Router or my Mac Address?

M

Emulate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Have recently been console banned and i think if i buy another console i will be banned again. I Have already changed my IP address, but this also happened to one of my friends. He bought a new xbox and changed his IP and Made a new Profile and got Banned again 3 days later. How could they have tracked him down like that. Is there a way for xbox to get the Serial number on my Router or my Mac Address?

is it your first console ban? ive been console banned 1 time but i never changed my ip and i plugged in my new xbox and got my wireless on it and im using it to this very day so no i think you will be fine.

A

A Toast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Change the mac adress of your router too.

M

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Reaction score
Yeah that is what i was thinking. If i buy a new Router will that Change my Mac address? Or can i do it with like a program of some sort? F Fanboy

A

A Toast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that is what i was thinking. If i buy a new Router will that Change my Mac address? Or can i do it with like a program of some sort? F Fanboy
On some routers you can change it in the options.

F

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Reaction score

How to change mac address.
Under Windows XP, the MAC address can be changed in the Ethernet adapter's Properties menu, in the Advanced tab, as "MAC Address", "Locally Administered Address", "Ethernet Address" or "Network Address". The exact name depends on the Ethernet driver used; not all drivers support changing the MAC address in this way.
However, a better solution - requiring Administrative User Rights - is to pass over the System Registry Keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Here settings for each network interface can be found. The contents of the string value called 'NetworkAddress' will be used to set the MAC address of the adapter when next it is enabled. Resetting the adapter can be accomplished in script with the freely available command line utility devcon from Microsoft, or from the adapters context menu in the Network Connections control panel applet.
There is a nice tool to change the MAC address for all cards (even those that can't be changed through the adapter's Properties menu): SMAC MAC Address Changer
Note: to check your MAC address easily on a Windows XP box, go to Run, type CMD, then type "ipconfig /all" without quotation in the command prompt. The number under physical address is the MAC address. If multiple IP are displayed, you should look under the label "Ethernet adapter x", where x is the name of your connection (which is Local Area Connection by default).
Router

A

A Toast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to change mac address.
Under Windows XP, the MAC address can be changed in the Ethernet adapter's Properties menu, in the Advanced tab, as "MAC Address", "Locally Administered Address", "Ethernet Address" or "Network Address". The exact name depends on the Ethernet driver used; not all drivers support changing the MAC address in this way.
However, a better solution - requiring Administrative User Rights - is to pass over the System Registry Keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Here settings for each network interface can be found. The contents of the string value called 'NetworkAddress' will be used to set the MAC address of the adapter when next it is enabled. Resetting the adapter can be accomplished in script with the freely available command line utility devcon from Microsoft, or from the adapters context menu in the Network Connections control panel applet.
There is a nice tool to change the MAC address for all cards (even those that can't be changed through the adapter's Properties menu): SMAC MAC Address Changer
Note: to check your MAC address easily on a Windows XP box, go to Run, type CMD, then type "ipconfig /all" without quotation in the command prompt. The number under physical address is the MAC address. If multiple IP are displayed, you should look under the label "Ethernet adapter x", where x is the name of your connection (which is Local Area Connection by default).
Router
He needs to change the MAC address of the router that's all. Local Mac addresses only matter if he unbans the Xbox. But on a retail the MAC address would be different.

N

NEED A LOBBY ASAPp

Reaction score
Is there anyway a perma banned console can get unbanned?

Top Bottom