• Thread starter killerwithin2
  • Start date
  • Views 395
killerwithin2

killerwithin2

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
i can get into a session with no problem, but a few minutes later I lose connection, and if I'm in the session there is a lot of lag, how can I fix this?

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i can get into a session with no problem, but a few minutes later I lose connection, and if I'm in the session there is a lot of lag, how can I fix this?

You could attempt to reset your internet, when you're having internet problems sometimes a quick reset on your router does the job. Also if your connection isn't the best, try to use a LAN cable which will increase your speeds. Also having the router closer to your PS4 is beneficial.

Upvote 0
killerwithin2

killerwithin2

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
You could attempt to reset your internet, when you're having internet problems sometimes a quick reset on your router does the job. Also if your connection isn't the best, try to use a LAN cable which will increase your speeds. Also having the router closer to your PS4 is beneficial.

so connecting the ps4 to the router using a wired connection would be better?
should i plug out and replug the router

Upvote 0
sweedy

sweedy

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Won't make any difference, I have never had connection issues, but the last few weeks the game is buggy as hell and I can't stay in a session without getting errors all the time. I have a couple of friends I play with reporting the same problem, not even in the same country so it would be bizarre if we all suddenly had router trouble at the same time.

Upvote 0
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
so connecting the ps4 to the router using a wired connection would be better?
should i plug out and replug the router

Whenever I have problems, rebooting the router always helps. Also a wired connection is always better. On Wi-Fi I have 60 MBPS and on wired I manage 120 - 150 MBPS.

Upvote 0
amermstwntd2

amermstwntd2

PS3 GTA5 HOSTER
Reaction score
Sin$
Whenever I have problems, rebooting the router always helps. Also a wired connection is always better. On Wi-Fi I have 60 MBPS and on wired I manage 120 - 150 MBPS.
Nice what Internet service do you use?

Upvote 0
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice what Internet service do you use?

I have Comcast :hilarious: It's actually a 300MBPS service but it seems that the PS4 likes to cut your internet speeds in half. On my computer if I go to speedtest.org or any speed-test website I get about 250-280 MBPS but on Playstation 4 I only get about 120 - 150 MBPS.

Upvote 0
amermstwntd2

amermstwntd2

PS3 GTA5 HOSTER
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Comcast :hilarious: It's actually a 300MBPS service but it seems that the PS4 likes to cut your internet speeds in half. On my computer if I go to speedtest.org or any speed-test website I get about 250-280 MBPS but on Playstation 4 I only get about 120 - 150 MBPS.
I think I need to upgrade lol. I have comcast also but I get like no MBS compared to that LOL

Upvote 0
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I think I need to upgrade lol. I have comcast also but I get like no MBS compared to that LOL
I upgraded not to long ago. We didn't change our plan we went in one day to pay the bill and I mentioned the slow internet speed and Comcast had upgraded to one brand new box that includes the router , modem and phone . I used to have a modem and a router, now it's all in one. I also got new cable boxes, everything I had was outdated. I got all of the new cable boxes and the new internet box for free since it was in my plan, I just never went to the store to upgrade to them. You might be able to go to comcast and see if you can upgrade to a better router .

Upvote 0
amermstwntd2

amermstwntd2

PS3 GTA5 HOSTER
Reaction score
Sin$
I upgraded not to long ago. We didn't change our plan we went in one day to pay the bill and I mentioned the slow internet speed and Comcast had upgraded to one brand new box that includes the router , modem and phone . I used to have a modem and a router, now it's all in one. I also got new cable boxes, everything I had was outdated. I got all of the new cable boxes and the new internet box for free since it was in my plan, I just never went to the store to upgrade to them. You might be able to go to comcast and see if you can upgrade to a better router .
Yeah I only get 30mbs download

Upvote 0
amermstwntd2

amermstwntd2

PS3 GTA5 HOSTER
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it's rockstar servers they are horrible most of the time. Resetting may help though.

Upvote 0
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Question has been answered, so I will go ahead and move this thread. OP, if you have anymore questions please make another thread.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register