What's new

Solved Connection problem???

T

Travis M

Reaction score
Sin$
I have my 360 connected to the internet through wireless n. when i bought my router the best buy guy said it was best for one device. so i get home configure my network and get on xbl. so while im in the middle of a mw2 game my mom gets on the computer then SHABAM my connecton goes from four bars down to one then i turn into a lag monster. :cursing: but this only happens when someone gets on the internet any suggestions. :.(

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
This always happens with a router, happens to me most of the time
ask your mom not to go on websites that require a lot of Mbps (megabytes per second) (Ex. Youtube, facebook, myspace, etc.)

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You're internet connection is shared between your computer and xbox.
If you're mum watches YouTube you'll start to lag, because it's occupying your download speed.

Reactiionz

Reactiionz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah im pretty sure its called bandwidth, and the more people on computers, especially laptops and other wi-fi devices, the less bandwidth is left to use for you. I personally get lagged out every 2 f***ing games because my mom is addicted to FarmVille, and my sisters are addicted to YouTube, so im f***ed basically.

T

Travis M

Reaction score
Sin$
This always happens with a router, happens to me most of the time
ask your mom not to go on websites that require a lot of Mbps (megabytes per second) (Ex. Youtube, facebook, myspace, etc.)
so would a wired connectoion work because my familie's on facebook like 20 f***ing hours a day
:blink:

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
so would a wired connectoion work because my familie's on facebook like 20 f***ing hours a day
:blink:
Well, you could do that and you'll probably get better connection
but if it doesn't you might want to match your Xbox 360's IP address and gateway to your router's IP address

Top Bottom
Login
Register