What's new

Solved connection help

C

cj41

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two accounts and my one can always find a lobby with 10+
my other account I just made can only find a lobby with 2-3 and most of the time I am alone when I do get in a lobby with 10+ they all leave in the matter of a couple seconds? I think all my setting are the same and it doesn't say I'm banned on either and I'm not in the bad sport because I don't have the dunce hat. I tried resetting my Mac address restating my router and I'm wired connection with open nat and 60+ Mbps. Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
B

bennybobjt26

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is to unlock Benny's workshop then you can literally just enter the mission and quit. I had to do a 2 player mission but the guy left once I started the mission, but I unlocked the garage anyway

C

cj41

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is to unlock Benny's workshop then you can literally just enter the mission and quit. I had to do a 2 player mission but the guy left once I started the mission, but I unlocked the garage anyway
It doesn't work I tried multiple times

G

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
It doesn't work I tried multiple times
You need to watch all the cut scenes and then quit when it starts. (when you are told to go get into the cars)
Just join 3 other random players. You will get into one. Drive over to the blue circle and walk into it. It will automatically load you into a random session.

C

cj41

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got people to play finally but new topic

I have two accounts and my one can always find a lobby with 10+
my other account I just made can only find a lobby with 2-3 and most of the time I am alone when I do get in a lobby with 10+ they all leave in the matter of a couple seconds? I think all my setting and it doesn't say I'm banned on either and I'm not in the bad sport because I don't have the dunce hat. I tried resetting my Mac address restating my router and I'm wired connection with open nat and 60+ Mbps. Does anyone else have this problem?

S

slayerelite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any help please??
Bit of a mystery if it's just the 1 character that does this. I had BIG issues with this from my bt homehub 5 which are pretty notorious for gta5 (apparently!) Port forwarding blah blah didn't work turned out the actual ports preset on the hub for xbox live in general were nowhere near... mine had 3 ports open and it actually needed 7! Maybe worth a check but no promises as like you say it's 2nd character only. Good luck. 
Also... You're open NAT etc maybe still useless if all required ports aren't open. Internet speed is almost irrelevant if you're over 5mbps so basically all will show and test perfect and your xbox will say it's fine for multiplayer etc but it's A LIE!! Lol. If you're savvy with hub settings etc jump on your PC or tablet and check what it has open for general xbox live.

Last edited:
C

cj41

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way you could show me how you did it? I'm not that good with ips

C

cj41

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also it's not my 2nd character it's my 2nd gt

S

slayerelite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also it's not my 2nd character it's my 2nd gt
Basically depends on who you use for your Internet. I'm with BT so obviously go onto bthomehub settings which is an online page. Then enter a password which is on a sticker somewhere on your router. There's loads of settings in there so best to have a good read about it 1st on some forums maybe or check a few YouTube bids out just search ports for your Internet router mate.

C

Colytonwarrior

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can go direct to your router homepage by entering the routers IP address into your internet search bar.

Find it on the back of the router, usually starts with 192. 
P.s make sure your on a cone signal, not symmetric 
If you ring your I.p and tell them to talk you through setting our router up for online gaming they will gladly help

Top Bottom