What's new

Solved Connecting to extender

D

Destxned

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so we have Xfinity Internet with 75mbps. This is good, right? We have the router from xfinity and I'm upstairs. My Xbox one wifi has poor connection to it and BO3 always lags with a 1 bar.

So, I went and got a NETGEAR wifi extender (N600) and connected it and put the extender in my room. I can connect to it and it shows 4 bars. But when I try to use YouTube or a game it says I'm offline.

I hard wired my box to the extender but the NAT type was strict so I connected to it through wifi and it was open. But it still says Im offline. It shows I'm connected. How do I connect to do things?

My phone doesn't do too bad connecting to it, neither does my roommates smart tv, also upstairs. So if it's my Xbox is there any way to fix this without an extender? Or will the extender work? Or should I just hard wire to the router (which is last hope)

Please someone smarter than me with this stuff help me before I go crazy...

R

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Ok, so we have Xfinity Internet with 75mbps. This is good, right? We have the router from xfinity and I'm upstairs. My Xbox one wifi has poor connection to it and BO3 always lags with a 1 bar.

So, I went and got a NETGEAR wifi extender (N600) and connected it and put the extender in my room. I can connect to it and it shows 4 bars. But when I try to use YouTube or a game it says I'm offline.

I hard wired my box to the extender but the NAT type was strict so I connected to it through wifi and it was open. But it still says Im offline. It shows I'm connected. How do I connect to do things?

My phone doesn't do too bad connecting to it, neither does my roommates smart tv, also upstairs. So if it's my Xbox is there any way to fix this without an extender? Or will the extender work? Or should I just hard wire to the router (which is last hope)

Okay, as I don't completely understand what you're saying, there are a couple ways this can go. Way one, you might have to configure it into your router for it to connect right. Way two, for some odd reason you could've bought a broken one, though I believe this to be unlikely as you have tired different ones.

You can change your power settings on your xbox in an attempt to open your NAT, not sure why this works but it has for me and a few others. Change your power settings to "power saving" and check your NAT after.

Hope this helps mate.

D

Dblock150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

try to port forward.

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try a better router or see if you can load ddwrt firmware onto your current one, with ddwrt you have way more options for fine tuning the router like increasing antenna output power. If you buy a new router you probably want a wireless N router

Top Bottom