Connecting 360 to laptop problems.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by rocky11185, Dec 15, 2008 with 5 replies and 521 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky11185

rocky11185 Getting There

Ratings:
    I've tried everything. I've done both tuts from above. My 360 and laptop detect each other but I can't share anything. I have opened my ports. What can I do? Does my laptop being on wireless and my XBOX being wired have something to do with it?

By the way, my modem has a built in router. Not sure if that matters or not.

Some one please help. It would be greatly appreciated. The people at MS customer support always say the same stuff over and over again and nothing they tell me to do/try works.

2. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    did you enable sharing media with windows media player ?

and enable sharing media on your connections?

3. OP
    rocky11185

rocky11185 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yes, they are both enabled. My laptop shows up on the XBOX but when I click on it to see the media, it loads for about 20 seconds and then says to test the connection and my laptop disappears.

4. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    YOu need to allow the xbox to connect to the notebook. Turn on the xbox and go to the media player, but do not select your PC. But make sure your are on the page that shows your PC available.

Go over to the notebook, on media player click Library>Media sharing, then allow the xbox. Then try to connect to the PC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    rocky11185

rocky11185 Getting There

Ratings:
    Thank you. Waiting worked. Last thing, why is it that I can't connect to Windows Media Center now? I'm connected for sharing my music, pics, and vids but not through WMC.

6. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You need to run media center from the xbox to get a set up code, then add an extender through the PC under WMC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.