Connect ot XBL Via your Ethernet port VISTA (Wireless)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by xchueyx, Feb 5, 2009 with 14 replies and 1,207 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    In this short Tut Im going to explain how you can connect to xbox live simply by connecting a Ethernet cable from your xbox 360 to your laptop/computer.

Things you will need:

Subnet mask
    Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    Secondary DNS Server
    Ip address that is not in use by your wireless router

You can obtain all of these via your Routers admin page. Usualy all you have to do is type our 192.168.0.1 and it should load up. If it asks for a User/Pass it usualy is

User: admin
    Pass: password

Unless you have set up a user name and pass.

1) Obtain all of the info required above, heres how mine looks

Ip 192.168.0.11
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.0.1
    Primary DNS Server 68.189.122.19
    Secondary DNS Server 68.189.122.26

Now what you need to do is go to your xbox network settings and manual enter all of your information. NOTICE: Your Info may be diffrent than mine so don't go and use this and say "oh it doesn't work" T_T. And remember your IP Has to be one that is not in use so just mess around with it.

2) Plug in the Ethernet cord to your xbox and into your computers ethernet port.

3) Click the start>Network>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Network Connections

4) Here you will see three connections, wireless, Local area connection, and local area connection 2. Highlight the wireless and the local area connection and right click. You will be given the option to "bridge" the two connections.

5) Give it some time to bridge the connections, once they are bridged you should be ready to connect.

And thats it! You are good to go! If you loose connection to the internet at any time, simply go back into manage network connections and right click the Network Bridge and click diagnose. It will ask you if you want to reset the bridge, click yes and you will be able to connect again.

If you have any questions feel free to ask ill try to answer them to the best of my ability. :wink:

2. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
  3. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    I just bridge my connections, pick up my internet wirelessly with my laptop then plug my laptop to my xbox and play :biggrin:

4. OP
    xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    There are already a few tutorials on this site that explain how to do this. I know for a fact that both Punk and I have one...

6. feralnub

feralnub Newbie

Ratings:
    yeah i can make a good guide right now! :biggrin:

read what he said, then disable both lan and wireless, then enable them, and you have wireless xbl!

7. OP
    xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ive noticed in both of your guides that you don't change the info in the xbox's net connection. I tried to bridge and connect and it failed. I have a 64 bit Vista and my way worked. And punk didn't even write the guide he copied and pasted it T_T and then gave credit to the actual owner. The point is, each guide is diffrent, and not each guide works for everyone. :thumbdown:

8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    As long as he gave credit for it, its fine...

9. OP
    xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    @nubble

10. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    So did you create this guide all by yourself?

11. OP
    xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes I did. I saw guides similar to yours and it wouldn't work. Then I tried putting in the info manually and it worked. It was a pain in the *** to get it working, hence the reason why Im trying to save people the hassle.

12. punkskater2448

Ratings:
    Really? I know I copied it. I didnt take credit at all for it. The reason I posted it was because i was trying to help other members out. why should I re write a tut when there are thousands out there like the one I copied.

also my friend I have a 64 bit Vista and my tut worked.

13. OP
    xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Regardless, you came on here and acted like a ***** about it. You criticized my work when you didn't even write your guide. A simple "We have a guide on that already" Would have worked. Glad it worked for your friend, but it did not work for me. Remember there's different types of wireless modems/routers out there that are very sensitive and don't assign ip's. Thats why you have to place the ip manually.

14. punkskater2448

Ratings:
    Sorry if I came across as a "*****". I was simply saying that your tut was very hard to follow and pictures and a nice layout will make a simple tut seem 1000 times better and in return will be that more successful.

Also I have made many many tuts my self. Check my sig. My rapidfire tut, made 100% by me has over 25,000 views and is #1 on google when you search about making a rapid fire tut. The hard work from that tut, and well layout is what made it successful and continualy draws new members into this site.

15. feralnub

feralnub Newbie

Ratings:
    but the question of the day is, do you have dsl static connection then? that's my guess as to why it works for you only :tongue: but the way that i said works perfectly. just make sure you restart your computer after you bridge the connections. it will work that way for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.