What's new

Discussion Confused about Gaming Laptops (Help) lol

W

Wiki

I Have The Answer For Your Question!
Reaction score
So ive been looking around for a good gaming laptop. I will be using it for a little bit of everything but i want to be able to play any game with max settings at 60fps. So i have custom built a few pcs on my own ( I am no computer guru at no means ) but i see these laptops with gtx 1060 etc and people are saying they can max any game out etc. But a 1060 in a desktop sucks? Does it make a difference if it in laptop form? I have a budget of around 1k+ wanted to stay around 1k but i want something that will last awhile and will run anything. So now im thinking im gonna have to at least get a gtx 1070 which that puts the price range around 2k. So let me know what your guys thoughts are! Thanks alot everyone <3

EDIT: Would this laptop run basically any game on max settings on 1080p, also im kind of worried about the CPU the guy that im buying it from says that the cpu will run a stable clock at 4.1GHz on all cores which seems like a pretty high clock on that card. Also he told me that it comes with a warranty from alienware up to jan 2018. BTW its a Alienware 17 R4

Specs
i7 6820hk overclockable CPU
16GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB PCIe SSD
1TB 7200RPM hard drive
GTX 1070
Killer 1535 WiFi
17.3 inch 1920x1080 IPS screen
99 Wh Battery

Last edited:
I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Firstly, is there any specific reason as to why you'd want a laptop?
If not, definitely don't get one.

And about 1060 being able to "max out any game", well that's completely false.
And of course your CPU also plays a big part.

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Don't get a gaming laptop. They're a huge waste of money.

As for the GPU, a 1060 is a pretty solid mid-range card and should be able to max out any decently optimized game at 1080p no problem.

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
x3 Don't get a gaming laptop unless you obviously can't build a gaming PC. But if you have a budget of 1.5K you can find something pretty good for used or new.

R

RiddickModz

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
Premium
Reaction score
Im going to be the 4th person to advise you to stay away from gaming laptops. They really are a waste, PCs are much more reliable and better to upgrade. You could definitely find a decent gaming pc at that price. Also look into Ryzen, meant to be a great gaming processor :biggrin:

W

Wiki

I Have The Answer For Your Question!
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I already have custom built my dream PC with a gtx 1080 ti. But I’m trying to find a good laptop for chilling on my couch or travel.

R

RiddickModz

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
Premium
Reaction score
Not sure if your budget is still the same but Razer is a really great make. Im sure they are more expensive to buy from them, but you may find Razer laptops on Amazon/Ebay.

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
Not sure if your budget is still the same but Razer is a really great make. Im sure they are more expensive to buy from them, but you may find Razer laptops on Amazon/Ebay.
+1 for Razer gaming laptops. They got a lot of **** for no reason but I love their products and even own a laptop myself.

Top Bottom