• Start date
  • Views 33,802
Mafia0G

Mafia0G

Or Nah
Mythical Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a good guide but if your using it to reference parts get corsair RAM.

There's plenty of company's that make great ram

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a good guide but if your using it to reference parts get corsair RAM.
As long as you don't get some no name brand of ram, you really can't go wrong. Its all basically the same now a days.

Gskill, corsair, samsung, patriot, kingston, crucial. Those are the better ones that i can name off the top of my head.

Droidic Nucious

Droidic Nucious

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you don't get some no name brand of ram, you really can't go wrong. Its all basically the same now a days.

Gskill, corsair, samsung, patriot, kingston, crucial. Those are the better ones that i can name off the top of my head.
Naming things off the top of your head is in no way to recommend a part.. *facepalm*.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Naming things off the top of your head is in no way to recommend a part.. *facepalm*.
Really because i just named some really good brands... not to mention when its a quick question, i'm not gonna go and do heavy research every time when i already know the information.

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Really because i just named some really good brands... not to mention when its a quick question, i'm not gonna go and do heavy research every time when i already know the information.

Even good brands have bad products. The only thing people should be relying on are reviews. Even then, it's not impossible for you to end up with a dud.

PS: There are tons of great "no-name brands." So it's pretty bad advice to just advise getting things from more popular brands.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Even good brands have bad products. The only thing people should be relying on are reviews. Even then, it's not impossible for you to end up with a dud.

PS: There are tons of great "no-name brands." So it's pretty bad advice to just advise getting things from more popular brands.

That is very true and i can agree with that :smile: As far as no name brands, i personally stay away from them but i know people who use them.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

That is very true and i can agree with that :smile: As far as no name brands, i personally stay away from them but i know people who use them. 

Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This time I am really not dead. Currently rewriting a majority of the guide. Formatting will still suck due to the BBCode limitations.

EDIT: May 17, 2013
The Introduction up to Processors has been nearly fully rewritten. There is still more to come and I will do my best to keep anyone interested informed. Hopefully all these updates will not take longer than a week.

Last edited:
trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Homer, are you on OCN? I'm getting the nagging feeling I've asked you this before, but I don't remember. I do know there is somebody with that name on there though. If it is, how is that Catleap? What did you pay for it?

Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I am not dead. But I will probably not be updating this. I am way to fucking lazy.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
I am not dead. But I will probably not be updating this. I am way to fucking lazy.

No problem. Regardless vast majority of the thread is still up to date to an extent as the parts and their jobs haven't really changed, just has newer models out.

PowerOfTacos

PowerOfTacos

Reaction score
Sin$
As someone who knew absolutely nothing about building a PC, it is much more clear !! Thanks for this awesome tutorial :wink:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
The OP has been brought up to date thanks to Habofro. If there are any issues, please tag me.

M

MissyCrissy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does your RAM speed matters in term of FPS gaining due to videogames running on ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register